Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Team,   I am new to the PowerBuilder. Actually our application is windows based application and build client side as PowerBuilder 2017 version and we recently doing published to the user for testing . But they faced some problem search screen an...
Hello I would like to test PowerScript Migrator. I installed PowerBuilder 2019 R3 and SnapDevelop 2019 R3. According to Using PowerScript Migrator (appeon.com) I have to "Open your PowerBuilder application in SnapDevelop (right click in the Solution...
In the process of migrating from 2017R2 to 2019R3.  My application implements PBDOM and we have PBDOM170.PBD in our lib list. seems simple enough I'll just grad a copy of the PBDOM190.PDB and adjust the library list.... Turns out I can't find the l...
Hi ,     I am trying to create and deploy  our application using new Power Client feature. I find little hard time to get it done.  1. Libraries :- I am not able to choose or map the PBR file under Libraries Tab - I have a resource file stored unde...
Using PB R3 Build 2670 and all of sudden whenever I open up the application my mouse cursor just constantly shows that the PB IDE is busy.  I can't do anything within the IDE but kill the process in Task Manager. I already uninstalled and reinstalle...
Good morning!   I would like to connect with PowerBuilder 2017Rx or 2019R3 users in the civic services domain. Thank you ...
To all, I am testing on the PowerServer2021 Beta CloudApp deployment, and hit error when retrieving a report with large amount of data - took around 15second to retrieve the report. Observed such Phenomenon: 1st try got below error message, while n...
I’m trying to trap an item error event message to enable a user to enter a new text value to a code-based drop down datawindow.  The DDDW is set to allow editing. ‘Empty String is NULL’ is checked. Is not set as a ‘required’ column. The DB is MS SQL...
I just ran my first 2019 R3 compile, and ran into a problem. On my development machine, when I tried to run the executable, I received an error message:"The code execution cannot proceed because pbvm.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fi...
Using PB 2019 R2 build 2353We built a C# .NET screen to be used by both our Powerbuilder and C# .NET WPF applications. I wrote in C# .NET a function that takes 8 arguments (all strings) and returns 1 string. The function uses those arguments to open ...
I migrated a Powerbuilder application from 8.0 to 2019 R2. I have a Getchild call that is returning -1 but it works in 8.0. There have been no modifications. Is there something I should consider about the datawindowchild after a migrationmigra?...
Hello, We have massive problems after switching from 2019 R2 to 2019 R3. Program aborts that cannot be reproduced sporadically occur.PB 2353, Oracle 11.12 and iAnywhere 17. Around 100 employees have a total of around 10 terminations per day. ...
We are connecting to SQL Server using ODBC Driver 11. Any embedded SQL using SELECTBLOB or UPDATEBLOB truncates data at 32K, which is the default for a SQL Server driver. I have been unable to modify the default size to 1 GB, either by setting PBM...
Hi,   How to connect to MS SQL SERVER 2019 using the Database  Profiles in  Powerbuilder    Thank you and Regards,   Benjie  ...
"build" in application development has a specific meaning and that is not what that is. the terminology should have been corrected years (decades!) ago.  such a simple fix. smh        ...
I have an application that uses ShellExecute and Printto to Batch print documents.  The program needs to be very specific and print them in order.  The issue I am having is the order.  When I send the batch print, based on what native application is ...
Recent upgraded to pb2019 r3 from pb2019 r2 / source control - GIT   it takes longer to save changes.  Other panels will flash.   What is PB doing differently from r2 to r3 during the save process? Thanksjeff...
Hi....our office is using Powerbuilder 2019 R3. We currently compile our project but use a 3rd party software instalshield to create the install for the users.....I see R3 has the Powerclient feature....but in reading the documentation is sounds like...
Our team is starting to develop WebApi's using Appeon's Snapobjects.  One of the main libraries we are using is the SqlExecutor class to create our data access layer. One of the things that got us confused was the ability to use the SqlExecutor.Sele...
Hi, I'm looking for a way to generate data in a specific JSON format to sent it to a unknown web server.  I have two tables (table1 with column1, column2, column3 and table2 with column2, column4). The table1 has a foreign key to table2 (column2). ...

There are no discussions available here currently