Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We recently upgraded to the Powerbuilder 2019 from PB 12.5. We also have increased the number of developers and would like to use the SVN feature with PB 2019. We found instructions on how to set this up (using instructions for PB 2017 R2 You tube vi...
We have a need to use a standard PDF form as the background of a datawindow report so that it can be filled in with overlay-ed data. We have tried multiple approaches like converting the PDF to an image file and placing in the background. However, al...
Guys, at some point our company may upgrade to PB 2019. We're currently at PB 12.1, and our licenses are administered on a server. Are served licenses restricted to specific versions, or can PB 12 and PB 2019 use the same?...
I am migrating my aplication from powerbuilder 8 to powerbuilder 2019, but when i connect to my sql database and i try to retrieve data to my datawindow, i get this message: select error SQLSTATE = 42S02 Microsoft SQL Native Client invalid object nam...
Hi, I have a mobile app using Powerserver 2017 R3 which has a page that loads PDFs using the Appeon WebView workaround (help file). This works fine for simple and public URLs. However when using Azure and having to pass an access signature it fails...
I don't know if this is possible or not but I need to put priority on code over the theme.   I have a custom theme created by me using Flat Dessign Grey, but i have some statictext on my app where I don't want to apply the theme on it. So there's a...
Hello We've been using PB 2019 and GIT (BitBucket Server) now for some time, and with some custom scripting (a refresh-all.ps1 that uses PBC to rebuild PBLs from source) its all working rather smoothly. However, I noticed that there is a problem wi...
Hello, I have a group datawindow and I want to change the background color of the header of a group if any row inside that group is selected. I only want to change the header for that specific group, not all headers. In the detail band are multiple...
Hi, TreeView control is missing children or items underneath in PB 2019 migrated code.    Am I missing something?   Thanks  ...
Hello, all We are trying to move to Azure DevOps Git source control and we have a theoretical question. Is it possible to lock access to a checked out file for all users, except for the one who did the check out?   If not, then how well does confl...
He utilizado durante muchos años y versiones Powerbuilder, la última versión a la que he tenido acceso ha sido la 12.5 En todas hemos trabajado normalmente con Postgresql. Desde la versión 9 a las 12.5, sin problema alguno. Pero ahora al querer pro...
I have a server with the PB2017 R2 run times installed.  I want R3 run times. What is the procedure for this?  Must I uninstall R2 run times first?  Or can I install over the top of R2.  Or can I simply copy the ...shared/Powerbuilder directory from ...
Hello All !!! Last Friday, i have downloaded the PB 2019 30-Day Trial Version and installed standard edition and added my workspace and target but today when i am trying to open the same target in my current version v10.2 it says it "Could not add t...
when i run this sql in interactive sql it trows an error You have an error in your SQL syntax; it seems the error is around: 'autoincrement, nome varchar(60) not null, sigla char(2) not null, primary ' at line 2 this is the sql create table estad...
We have PowerBuilder 2019 license. We are looking for PowerBuilder 6.1 setup look at one of the OLD application code. Please share with me if you happen to have a copy of setup....
Hello, for 2 of our Products we use PowerBuilder 12.6 .NET to call content of e.g. the System.Drawing.Printing assemblies. PowerBuilder 12.6 .NET isn't very comfortable, contains a lot of bugs, is extremely slow & is no longer supported. Is there ...
Hi, We are getting 64-bit executables are throwing "Error opening DLL library pbws32.dll external function at line 17 in function getipaddress of object in event/function". Could you let us know how to resolve this? I looked at one the post here bu...
We have a problem that two users are experiencing, but we cannot replicate. A window showing a date entry datawindow of transactions calls ScrollToRow(dw.RowCount()) to put the cursor on the last row. That always works for us (and we believe most use...
Hi, None of these functions return Success in our environment from executables (i have commented these lines before posting here). Am I missing something here? I have tried everything but nothing helped. Everything works fine from development though...
Hello Everyone, I am finding a lot of difficulty while comparing the datawindow objects. Though I make a small change like changing the taborder of the column, I see lot many differences. So which tool is better to compare the datawindow objects ? ...

There are no discussions available here currently