1. Joseph Neville
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 12 September 2018 16:29 PM UTC

My company recently updated from PowerBuilder 12.1 to 2017 R2, so we have a lot of legacy code. I have a working connection to a SOAP webservice using the SoapConnection object. I now need to implement TLS 1.2 when connecting to that webservice, but when I disable TLS 1.0 on the webserver, it results in the client being unable to connect to the webservice. Is there a way to configure the SoapConnection object to use TLS 1.2 instead of TLS 1.0?

Accepted Answer
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 12 September 2018 16:43 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # Permalink

Hi Joseph;

The new TLS 1.2 support in PB2017R2/R3 is only available for use when utilizing either the new HTTP Client and/or RESTful Client object classes. However, these classes assume that the Web Service is returning a JSON result set - or with the HTTP Client - you could return an XML data stream, but would need to parse the values out using PB's PBDOM feature.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Michael Skinner
  2. Wednesday, 9 January 2019 20:50 PM UTC
Why? This is a huge effort in the part of our customers and us. Is there some technical reason? Or just don't want to?

Mike

1. Helpful
  1. Alex Filatov
  2. Friday, 24 January 2020 00:05 AM UTC
Is there any sample code anywhere on how to parse an XML file with PBDOM if returning an XML stream. Anything would help here.
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Sverre Tvedt Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 23 January 2019 09:55 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

I join Mike's request. One after the other of our Soap server providers (mostly in the public sector, outside our control)  will be switching off 1.0,  forcing us to implement low level solutions with httpclient and manual parsing. Some of these providers have simple data contracts, but others hugely complex.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.