1. Paul Culioli
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 23 June 2020 15:01 PM UTC

Hello,

System :

Windows 10 professionnal

Powerbuilder 2019 build 2170.

I have some issue to compile some applications.

dev_app.exe and dse_app.exe.

This two application where compiled successfully in PB2017 R2 1769(if i remeber correctly), PB12.5, and older versions.

We compile this applications in 2 separate .exe without any .pbd.

for dev_app there is 3 pbl
dev_app_compil.pbl
dev_app.pbl
dco_objet.pbl

and for des_app also 3
dse_app_compil.pbl
dse_app.pbl
dco_objet.pbl

the last one "dco_objet.pbl" is shared between the two.

When I try to compile these using a command line the files are too small and doesn't work.

Here the command line I use :
 pbc190.exe /d "dep\dev_app.pbt"  /r "dep\dev_app_target.pbr.pbr" /w n /m n /x 32 /bg n /o "dep\dev_app.exe" /cr "Copyright -® 2012 - 2020 XXXXXXX" /cp "XXXXXXX" /p "deployeuse_dev" /de "Compilation manuelle" /v "V0.0.0 (FLI-TESTS)"
 pbc190.exe /d "dep\dse_app.pbt"  /r "dep\dse_app_target.pbr.pbr" /w n /m n /x 32 /bg n /o "dep\dse_app.exe" /cr "Copyright -® 2012 - 2020 XXXXXXX" /cp "XXXXXXX" /p "deployeuse_dse" /de "Compilation manuelle" /v "V0.0.0 (FLI-TESTS)"

Do I made a mistake somewhere ? It run fine in PB2017.(pbc170.exe)

When I use the interface like in the image Capture1png

dev_app compile ok

but dse_app is ko

I got a pop up with this :

PBR name C:\devsid\compil\dep\dse_app_target.pbr  is invalid.continue build anyway?

see Capture2.png

If I go with "Oui" (Yes in French) I Got this :

---------- Deploy: Deploy of target dse_app   (16:24:56)
 --------- Deploying project dse_app_exe
The current library list is different from the library list contained within this project. The project library list has been updated. Refresh build options for the changed list and try again.
 ---------- Finished Deploy of target dse_app   (16:24:56)

But I don't understand why It show me à path, that is not the one I use for the "Ressource file name" : D:\Travail\23255\compil\dep\dse_app_target.pbr ? I have modified this one multiple time but every time I try to deploy it the same thing happen : "PBR name C:\devsid\compil\dep\dse_app_target.pbr  is invalid.continue build anyway?"

I can deploy it by openning the object dse_app_exe in the pbl dse_app_compil.pbl and using the deply button in the toolbar.

see Capture3.png

What can I do to compile these 2 in command line ?

Why I can't modify the path of the ressource file name, I think an older path is stuck somewere and I cant rewrite it? Is there a way to bypass It

Attachments (3)
Paul Culioli Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 25 June 2020 07:42 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hello,

I just tried again with the pbd command to test if I had make a mistake before.

But the result is the same as before :

- the exe produced are too ligth 514ko instead of 1590ko.

Is there a parameter which I must add, to deploy the exe as sand alone( without pbd)?

Because when I look at other projects which generate .exe and .pbd the command line doesn't change (only the /d /p /r /o does change).

And do you know why the "Ressource file name" is stuck to the wrong path and I can't change it?

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 23 June 2020 15:22 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Paul;

After migrating from PB 2017 to 2019, did you open the Project Object(s) that build the EXE from the PB2019 IDE and then copy the new/migrated PBC command line arguments from the Project Painter's "General" tab to the command file that's building the corresponding EXE via the PBC?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.