Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We are seeing intermittent issues with PB 2019 R2 where the Enter key in the datawindow stops working.  Normally hitting Enter will change row for user, but in this example it triggers LoseFocus instead of RowFocusChanging event.  It is intermittent ...
Hi  This William Yau from Hong Kong, I would like ask where I can buy powerbuilder 2019 book. I cannot find any powerbuilder 2019 book on Amazon site.    best regards   William    ...
Hi I have set a 'landing pad' in the appeonfileserver.xml per this post -> https://bit.ly/2VH8Y8W The path is set to a C:\temp\ on the very same server. When my web app is run on the server's browser, the file server downloads a file from a dif...
Dear PB programmers,I have been successfully using data encryption / decryption functions for a long time and entering them into the SQL database.I wanted to do the same thing by writing the encrypted data to the Registry (RegistrySet), but in some c...
Good Morning!I have a local machine with a thermal printer (Dieboold), printing normally when I am locally, but when the user using the system via TS on a Windows Server 2016, it gives a printing error (communication error).Could you help me solve th...
Buenos Días  He desplegado mi aplicación en la web pero veo que los iconos de menús no aparecen ni el color tampoco , cuando lo ejecute con el power IDE no tengo problemas. Se tiene que hacer una configuración adicional?  EJECUTO CON EL POWER IDE ...
I'm running Powerbuilder 2017 R3 build 1880.  I can open Powerbuilder the standard way, by clicking the icon.  But if I go to Windows Explorer and double-click a PBW, PB starts to open but then gives an error "Attempt to open DataWindow failed."  I a...
Hi, How do I Center the title text of a main window ? It seems that the title text is always justified left.   I'm using PB2019 R2 /Windows 10   Thanks  Steen :-)  ...
Hi, I think the Appeon PowerBuilder installer is great, and I would like to use it for my own applications. What installer tool are you using ?   Tanks //Steen  ...
Hi, We have developed a SnapDevelop WebApI using 2019 R2. When I deploy it to IIS in this case on the same machine (windows 10) where we developed it, I get the error below while accessing it:     We have made sure all permissions are availab...
Hello, I'm trying to install Powerbuilder 2017 silently onto Windows 2016, however I can see the pre-requisite is SQLAnywhere2017. Installing PB manually I can decide NOT to install SQLAnywhere, so wondering what's the reason behind this being requ...
Update:  03-JUL-2020We found a copy of the DLL and deployed it with the utility. At this point everything compiles, but we have an unrelated DW_1 Retrieval Error occurring (the discussion is in a separate thread).~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
Hello,Im running from Snap 2019 R2 #2323 the simplest datastore WebApi and performing the simplest GET from browser: http://localhost:5000/api/department/retrieve all ok. When running from command prompt instead (same machine, same DB, same .NET co...
Good day!   Caan I modifiy and update rows using treeview datawindow?   thank you!...
I have been playing with SnapDevelop. I have a dll I wrote in C# .NET Framework Standard which fails to compile after opening the solution in SnapDevelop, even though it works just fine in Visual Studio 2017 and 2019. The error is gives is: Please c...
Hi, I am trying to connect to SQL Server when the system is forcing a password change.  When using SQLCMD the (-z) option is used to specify the new password. I cannot seem to find a property in the PowerBuilder Transaction object to allow me to spec...
Hi all,  Is there an easy way of installing the appeonbrowser.exe on a shared machine, or is it only possible via individual profiles of the users of that computer? Thanks Bryant...
Hi, i need help while printing RTF runtime app compiled with PB2019. Printing RTF documents from environment is ok, but if i do the same from exe app the process is slow and the document content is not correct. Header information is imissing (heade...
In VS 2019 in menu Edit have Paste Special -> Paste Json/XML As Classes. I can't find this functionality in SnapDevelop ?!...
Hi there I am installing PowerServer 2019 R2 on a Windows Server 2016 as the server's admin. The installer is telling me that the site I assigned the PowerServer to be installed is not running. but, it is according to the IIS. I have the applicati...

There are no discussions available here currently