1. Ruth Spradlin
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Friday, 3 March 2023 03:05 AM UTC

My supervisor and I are trying to migrate an app from 17.2 to 17.3.  My supervisor installed 17.3 on their machine.  When they tried to migrate it, they got 6 errors on a datawindow event.  The event ue_search is simple  It is called with no parameters from the window open event.  It then calls a second event ue_clicked and passes one long variable for row.  The error generated was mismatched in type.  The variables in the code are correct.  It builds and runs with no issues.  I tried to eleminate the call to ue_clicked by putting that code directly into the ue_search code.  When my supervisor tried to migrate again, it gave her 6 more errors on different windows.  Every time I fixed one, it would add another one.

My supervisor unitstalled 17.3 and reinstalled it.  When they open the 17.2 code in 17.3 before migrating, both the ue_search and ue_clidked events show up as importjson in place of the event name.  The ue_search event then shows ref string error as a parameter where ue_search did not have any parameters.  If my supervisor then migrated the app, it completes with no errors, but still has the 2 event names replaced with importjson.  I can not find any issues with the code.

I am attaching 2 screenshots.  The first is the code open in 17.2.  The second is the code open in 17.3.

Attachments (2)
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 6 March 2023 03:11 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Ruth,

I suggest you perform Optimize for each PBL after the upgrade. Then Full Build and verify if the problem is solved.

Regards,

Ken

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 3 March 2023 06:17 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi,

I can't read anything on your attached images. Try making a screenshot without including your second monitor. Also, I cannot save them to disk for some reason. Tip: Use Shift+WinKey+S and select a region with the snippet tool.

It sounds like you might have to optimize your PBL files. Please try doing that before you migrate to 2017 R3.

Hope it helps,

regards.

Comment
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Friday, 3 March 2023 14:43 PM UTC
Lol, Francisco, that's exactly what I've commented in my answer.
  1. Helpful
  1. Arnd Schmidt
  2. Friday, 3 March 2023 14:56 PM UTC
Is it: Win Key + Shift + S or Shift + Winkey + S?!

Ahhh... Both work :-)
  1. Helpful 1
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Friday, 3 March 2023 14:58 PM UTC
lol
  1. Helpful 1
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.