Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi everyone,   I have some webservices using SOAP and I'm migrating to PB22 which i need to use REST. which function in REST that is similar to "objectname.setbasicauthentication" use in soap?   Thanks in Advance ...
It would appear that PB cannot handle application icons with a transparent background. I'm guessing this is a bug. I'm using version 2021, build 1509. Has this been fixed in later versions? Regards, Michael Connell....
Hi everyone, I've been trying to get the actual height of a foreground control. I put it on the header band location/position but it is a foreground. It is so that I can stretch it across multiple columns. I want to adjust the header band height (ma...
HI All, Currently my applications are build in Powerbuilder 2017 R3 version and we are planning to migrate from Windows 10 to 11. Requesting your updates / suggestions whether Powerbuilder 2017 R3 build application will support/work in Windows 11 ma...
Good morning community I am using dotnet CustomizeDeploy.dll -url=<URL> to make the application use the production web api and also to update the INI file, question, question, is it necessary to download IIS to use this commandTnksW....
Hi,   Can I make PowerClient run WITHOUT admin permissions ?  (That would be AWESOME  .. in that way the app could reach extreme number of users)   Our app(s) does NOT require to register anything (ActiveX etc.) that requires admin permissions. ...
Hello Appeon Folks, I heard that we can build PBDs faster if your library list is made of PBDs and PBLs for which we are going to build PBDs like below Below is the target file consists of PBLs (Need to include PBL for application object as well) a...
I have 3 column with the name country_id , states_id and city_id in a datawindow with dropdown datawindow style in powerbuilder.I'm using below code in itemchange event but when re select country then states and city column show country row id and st...
I developed the shell of a multi-threaded PB2019 app using SharedObjects and passed it to someone else to add in database processing. The whole app runs in the background with the main thread passing processing requests to a new thread which is close...
Greetings to the entire community! I have a web application on PS2020 that receives as arguments the parameters of the database to which the application must connect. The database may vary depending on the scenario from which the application is invo...
Hello. I am using PowerBuilder version 2022. I have a problem with RichTextEdit control. I can't type after pasting the field. Here is the code: rte_1.pastertf('{\rtf1{\field{\*\fldinst{test}}{\fldrslt{test}}}}',detail!) Could you please help m...
Hi, We are using PowerBuilder version 2017 R3 Build 1858 & recently upgraded the Oracle database server from Oracle 12 to Oracle 19c. I was able to connect to database without any issue but while calling the function/stored procedure with param...
Hi, I am using PowerBuilder version 2017 R3 Build 1858. Recently our database server was migrated from Oracle 12c to Oracle 19c.   In order to fix the database compatibility issue, I upgraded PowerBuilder 207 R3 Build 1858 to PowerBuilder 2017 R3...
Hi everybody, I have an issue with the JsonPackage Setvalue() function.The help file says: "Sets the value for a key.  .... If the key already exists, then overwrite the value of this key".To me that sounds like: If you set a value of a key in an lo...
Can PowerBuilder 2019 R3 run at PowerServer 2016 environment? or any place I can find the compatible chart for PowerServer and PowerBuilder...
Hello, Team I have started testing conversion with Snap Develop and I am confused by the documentation. What's unclear from the documentation how SnapDevelop is supposed to convert classes, which are derived from transaction class. And how can the...
Powerbuilder 2022 build 1900running on IIS windows 10 (on debug mode) Hello peopleI wanted to ask about the response time of a request from the end client to the powerserver app if it is enough by changing the "ConnectionTimeOut" property in applica...
Hello, Team When I convert my fully running desktop app to PowerServer I get an unclear error. I am running in the local dev environment with SAP SQL Anywhere DB's, located locally and available. At some point, for an unexplained reason (not happe...
Hi, Looking to deploy a program to Powerserver but have two questions 1. Our program currently uses an OCX to access the serial port, will this still work onces it is deployed to the powerserver? 2. Can you access standard windows TCP sockets thro...
Hi there, I would like to group the same articles on a single line on our invoices... As a matter of fact, these articles are managed with serial numbers (there is consequently a line per Serial Number in the datasource) Of course, each Item has t...

There are no discussions available here currently