1. SANTHOSH S
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 4 May 2023 16:01 PM UTC

HI All,

Currently my applications are build in Powerbuilder 2017 R3 version and we are planning to migrate from Windows 10 to 11. Requesting your updates / suggestions whether Powerbuilder 2017 R3 build application will support/work in Windows 11 machine. Whether APPPEON support is there for Powerbuilder 2017 R3 build applications in Windows 11 machine.

SANTHOSH S Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 8 May 2023 07:53 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Thank you so much for your prompt response and updates. Could you please let me know whether there is will be code compatibility issue if we migrate directly from PB 2017 R3 to PB 2022. If no impacts then I will plan to upgrade PB 2022 R2 version as suggested. Please help us here.

Comment
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Monday, 8 May 2023 18:20 PM UTC
I cannot tell you that I don't know every line of your source code. Please review the PB upgrade guide carefully: https://docs.appeon.com/pb/upgrading_pb_apps/UpgradingPowerBuilderApplications-UpgradingfromPowerBuilder2021orearlier.html
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 4 May 2023 17:03 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hi Santosh, We do not modify previously released versions of PowerBuilder to support newer Windows OS.  You will need to upgrade to PB 2022 or newer.  If you will do your upgrade in July or later you might want to consider to upgrade to PB 2022 R2 instead of 2022 because it is greatly improved in terms of features.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.