Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I am using PB 2022 1892. I would like to migrate to 2022 R2. So, Clients required to change Runtime ?...
PowerBuilder version: 2019 R3 Build 2779 SQL Server 2019 ODBC Driver 17 for Sql Server I have a query that returns 109 rows in 2 seconds in Management Studio but takes upwards of 30 seconds in db painted within Powerbuilder.  Are there any setting...
I have an application that needs an LDAP (Active Directory) login. In my previous project I have managed to create an application that has LDAP login. I created it using webservice but I am not quiet happy with its speed. Sometimes, it takes 1 minute...
I'm currently working a contract with a company that is trying to implement Source Control within their environment. Since they consider their code to be extremely sensitive, they didn't want to house a GIT repository outside of their firewall.  One...
Hi Experts, My Client is asking an web application, Is it possible to develop a web application using PowerBuilder, If yes then kindly provide me the steps that I need to follow. Thanks Deva.s...
Hi, How to use the new PB2022R2 SMTPClient without authentication? I mustn't authenticate to the SMTP server because it's set to reject authentication attempts. I tried simply not set username and password but I'm getting error -15 when I'm trying...
I have to call a WebServices using HTTPS and I need to pass the certificate file, I have seen it is possible in PB2022 but PB2021 has something similar or an alternate work around?...
Hi, i'm trying to use a Web Browser in android app but doesn't work, in fact i can't see it where is supposed to be What can i do?  I'm using PB2019 and powerserver 2020. Thanks...
Hi Everyone,   I am trying to migrate my app from CEF to the new Webview2 control. I could manage to navigate to the desired html, load its javascript, register a PB user event, trigger the user event from Javascript and call EvaluateJavascriptAsy...
allowing a user to move/resize columns is the main (only?) reason to use a grid dw. users EXPECT the system to remember their grid settings, and also expect a way to restore the original layout.  pretty much a standard of software since the mid 90s....
PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2170 We have a utility app that copies default data from a reference database (SQL Anywhere 12) to the users SQL Server database. The end user runs this utility when upgrading to a new version of the main application. The pr...
Hi Team, We have successfully deployed one of our PB application to powerclient build. Please let me know if there any solution for the below scenario. In external file tab, we have added the ini file in INI configuration and set the update strateg...
PB2022 R2 2819, this code: window lw_wnd string ls_classname if ( IsNULL( lw_window )) then return ls_classname = ClassName( lw_window )   triggers "Null object reference" at line 4 exception. Is this correct and expected behavior?...
Hi One of my users reported pbshr.dll appcrash 0xc0000005 at 0x0008ed1e Have you seen this error? If so can you please write where (what action triggers it)? Do you know what's at this offset and where is it called from? The occurrence is rare bu...
Good morning!How to send a file with this content to a USB printer, simulating a paper cut.Example: I print a receipt at the cashier and I need it to be cut automatically by the printer.This is the contents of the file:blank lineblank lineblank lineE...
Hi I'm investigating a new strange behavior of PB2022. I've never seen it in previous PB versions. It looks like computed.expression='0.7' is sometimes interpreted as '0'. It looks like the part after the dot is cut off. Regular columns are not aff...
Hi all. Perhaps someone can steer me in the right direction. Help will be greatly appreciated. Here is what we have and it is been working with TLS 1.0 flawlessly for years. (very short version): oleobject oXMLHttp string s_xml, s_error, s_resp...
This question is a follow-up to a previous question I asked about build "system" for PB2019. I have been banging my head on the walls for 3 days trying to understand how on Earth orcascript is supposed to work and how I could make it do what I want. ...
Hello, Using PB 2022 R2 build 2819 Need to know whether any limit is there to export data from a datawindow / datastore to JSON. Command used to export: ls_json = dw_1.ExportJson(False) Data in the above datawindow is retrieved by entering a per...
PB 2022 R1 BUILD 1900 when running the debugger, when i step in/over SharedObjectGet,  PB either crashes or hangs.  has anyone else seen that?      ...

There are no discussions available here currently