Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi guys.   I'm very very new in web services, web API's, etc. We need to connect to AirTable workflow plattform. This have an API, with token; but I'm no idea how to do with Power Builder and how it works. There is a link with the AirTable API re...
Good Morning, PB app crashing while testing/debug 32bit app using PB IDE 2022, and Runtime: Version 2022 Build 1900 Thanks,...
In my one of my libraries I have a datawindow dw_example. This datawindow is in use in other places and definitely works. I have a function that requires a datawindow as a parameter, because it is generally called from a report window. In this ins...
Hi everyone! I just tried the new feature of tabbed view and activated it in my frame window. It's woukd be a nice feature and useful for my application.   My frame window first opens a fixed screen which is a not a mdi sheet, it's a child window....
Hi,   How I can set or change LowerCase label of my custom user object control to PascalCase ? I've typed the variable name in PascalCase, but on the properties window, it's written in LowerCase.      Regards, Pawel...
Hi,   I've got a question about the "Enter" shortcut on Ribbonbar.  Normally, for the filter, we can use "F5" button as a shortcut, but my client would use "Enter" key. Is it possible or does there exist any workaround to replace "F5" or add an add...
I’m seeking advice on whether anyone can recommend a PB object that emulates MS Outlook’s calendar. I develop a client-server application used by law enforcement where date/time events play an important part.  Such events are now displayed in the ap...
i need to use Multicast DNS to get information on network devices within my pb application. anyone have any ideas?  ...
I'm new to PB, while debugging is see FindFirstFileW(as_FileSpec, lstr_FindData) returning negative value ?   Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
We have just migrated the application to PB 2022, and we are using PBAutoBuild220 to compile the application, the question is, if it is possible to make an only one PBD of the project or if in the future it is foreseen the possibility of making unita...
Hi people After installing PB2022 R2, by running the CAL or clicking on the icon generated by the CAL. I get a message that I need to update the cloud app laucher. but this one it was created again from the CAL Profile with the latest version 22.1.0...
Hi All, I have successfully been using this script to connect to MS word  iole_object.ConnectToNewObject("word.application.8")  , but I now need to do similar with LibreOffice writer if I can.  What parameter should I be applying to ConnectToNewO...
Hi everyone I'm trying to chase down a memory leak in our application (PB 2022 1900) that appears to happen when a window is repeatedly opened and closed. (Symptoms: When I open a window inheriting from our base window class, used memory increases b...
Hi, When trying to integrate my report in KTP (Kondor Trade Processing) modified on infomaker, i receive this message "Datawindow has invalid release number". I tried many times by rebuilding, regenerating and saved the PBL containing the report an...
Runtime environment: Powerbuilder 2019 R3 Hosted on Citrix Xenapp Users desktop is VMWare HVD   HVD Pool was moved to dedicated GPU.  Once this was done, the Powerbuilder application performance degraded so much that the application is unusable....
Good day,   Hope you can help me on this matter.   I am using copymemory and it is working fine in 32bit.. however, I cannot used it in 64bit... any suggestions?    thanks in advance....
Hi. We have two different powerbuilder applications we support. I recently installed one of them to a new Windows 10 PC, and when I go to run it, I get the "Please check whether PowerBuilder Accessibility library can be located in the path." error di...
Hello Our procedure is as followsWe automatically create test versions on the build server. On day X, we copy the data of the released test version to the productive version. For this we only have to exchange the INI file with the connection paramet...
Hi  There is a powerscript function to get the full path where the client app has been istalled ?attached a pdf file with images regarding this question thank you very much...
Hi all, I don't know how to avoid saving password in plain text when testing code from the PB IDE "Run" button. Goal is to protect sensitive data (password) on developer machines. PB encrypts and stores DB-profile passwords in the registry and uses...

There are no discussions available here currently