Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, How can I add and set the Placeholder property in editmask control? Of course, I can put text value and manipulate it in edit mask control. But maybe it exists a simple solution.   Regards, Pawel  ...
I couldn't find a place for new feature suggestions, so I'll make it here. It would be nice if the PB IDE Modify Expression window were resizable, or at least larger, so we could see more of a complex expression without having to scroll. ...
Hi Experts, I am trying to connect pdf application through ole object. Here I am mentioning the syntax : OLEObject ole_1 ole_1 = CREATE OLEOBJECT ole_1.ConnectToNewObject("AcroExch.Document") ole_1.ConnectToNewObject("AcroExch.App") ole_1.Conne...
Hi, I wonder if it's possible to load a blob into a richtextedit control At the moment we're using the activex version of the tx text control (so not the richtextedit control but an olecontrol based on the activex tx4ole30.ocx), in which we can use ...
Hi     This is my first time working with XML and i want to use the PDOM to build the document. I have this xml exported from a datawindow <?xml version="1.0" ?><Phonebook> <Family> <Malek> <Name>Malek Taha</Name&g...
Is there a way to do profile tracing (not pbdebug) with the PB executable?...
Having made some experimental changes to an object and regretting it, how do I get back the last locally commited object code?     After some back-and-forth I found this way: 1.Right-click on object in PB object browser and select "Open containin...
Can't connect DB - ORA-12154 : TNS: Could not resolve connect identifier *Reproduce Steps: 1. Build PB application in 64 bit. 2. Oracle 19c clients are installed both 32bit as well as 64 bit as per the requirement of PB 2019 R3 IDE. 3. Set path...
The new REST API support is great. We are prototyping a web application which shares an API with our PB application. Manipulating the data when reading and saving information is very complex in JavaScript. When manipulating information coming from a...
Hello, PB 2022 R2 B 2819 In a report, I've a computed column with autosize height property set.  When the report is shown in normal mode, there is no blank space. but when we show (or print) in preview mode, a blank space appears for that row.  Why...
Hi, If a client machine has an older version of Cloud App Launcher and I relase a new version of it with my software, client gets this advice  Is there any way to force client to start using the new version of Cloud App Launcher? It is copied to ...
Appeon Team, Problem: Creating the .exe when deploying a project has slowed down significantly. Details: PowerBuilder IDE Version 2019R3, build 2728. When we’re deploying our projects/creating the .exe the "old way" (some of us aren’t using Powe...
Yesterday suddenly we had several PC occured errors when using TFS2012 connecting to Azure DevOps Service.. PowerBuilder version 2017 R3. TFS Version: VS 2012 SCM: Azure Devops Service.   we have run this for some years and it works very well.. ...
Hi, I am trying to use an API created in C# in my PB application. I am using PB Version 2017 R3 Build 1878. To use the API, I need an Access Token that I am able to obtain using OAuthClient, TokenRequest and TokenResponse. But I am not able to acc...
In Powerbuilder 2022: How do I make an ODBC connection (DB2 or SQL Anywhere) so that the user's password is encrypted?...
We're using 2022 R2 build 2819 with runtime set to 22.0.0.1892. It appears that the Paste Object menu is disabled when working in a window script. It is working when in a visual userobject script. I confirmed it is working in 2021 build 1509. Has an...
Good morning everyone. When deploying my project under version 11 of PowerBuilber, the size of the executable was 1 MB, maximum 1.5 MB. We have migrated to version 2022 r2 of powerbuilder and now the size is 45 MB. What is the reason for the incre...
Hi,   Our PB application is using a slightly modified Flat Design Grey theme, but we noticed it's difficult to resize windows due to how thin the borders are:  You have to be extremely precise for the mouse pointer to change to indicate that you ca...
We have an application that we added resizing to. Our users like to sometimes open 2 windows and look at them at once and this always worked before we added resizing. If you run the application now (with the resizing in it) in the PB IDE and snap it ...
Hi, Getting error (attached) when running the Application after doing Full Incremental Build of Code in PowerBuilder 2019 Build 2170. Kindly suggest on this. Thanks and Regards, Chirag Choudhry...

There are no discussions available here currently