Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello ,   We have migrated to PB 9 to PB 2019 (64 bit) version . And one of the response window is taking 5 - 10 minute to open mle_text where in PB 9 it is opening at the same moment once you click on the Modify button. But in PB2019 we are faci...
Hi ::clipboard() copying function isn't working when the user is connected to a terminal server through Microsoft remote desktop webview. I think the reason is that his web browser is waiting for such action like Ctrl+C triggered from the browser si...
Recently we have migrated to PB 2022 R2 from PB 2019 R2, after migration our application is crashing after sometime. Below are the screenshot which we have found from event viewer. ...
PB IDE respects the privacy of libraries, even when they are bad... really bad...   Now I have to find out which of the 100+ libraries is bad, why it's bad and how to fix it......
Hi All,   Looking through all the documentation for load testing a PowerServer app, it only shows a way to test them locally. How would I approach testing a PowerServer app that runs on Azure? Do I need to do the recording on Jmeter locally first t...
Hi Powerbuilder friends, I have this code where I need to send data to our payment partner. It successfully requests a token, but no data is transferred, and there's an authorization error with the JWT token request. String ls_jwttoken, ls_PostData...
Hello All, I have implemented an automated compile process for our application using the PBAutoBuild220.exe. The question I have is in the "Merging" portion of the compiling process. We are currently using TFS for source control in PB. Before I am c...
Hi, I work with 'classical' menus. I need to change the text of a menu item from code, but when I do so, I lose the shortcut. My manager doesn't want to see the shortcut in the menu text. (if it would be there it would work!). So does anyone know h...
We are using PB17 and SQLAnywhere 17 We have a generalized routine whereby we can pass a SQL query which takes one argument. The problem is that some queries need to reference the same argument more than once. As we understand it - if you use the ...
PowerBuilder app is displaying the MDI frame toolbar as a separate window in VMWare environment. (check the attached picture) Any help to resolve this issue?  Thanks G...
Hello We are having an issue with our desktop application crashing only in VMware when the User's have a long samAccountName (18 or more characters). Same user's are able to run the same App in Citrix or Desktop without any issues. Rest of the user...
I have noticed that when you have dddw or ddlb with the allow-editing attribute on and the autocomplete mode suggest/append (3) on, and then type in a value that partially matches one or more items in the dropdown list, and then backspace out of the ...
Hello Experts!   Need help with using/calling Microsoft Graph API in PowerBuilder 2022 version to send Outlook Emails. Any help is appreciated!   Thanks G...
Hello All I'm replacing an EAServer CORBA PowerBuilder & Web Java multitiered app with a custom XML based transport layer I replaced CORBA ResultSets with ADO ResultSet[ ] and it works fine PB to PB. Now I need to go PB to C# via XML  The cha...
if auto complete mode is on, it should show the list without forcing the user to click on the arrow.  maybe this is optional, but this is how i have my version built. also, the drop down list should show if the user presses the down arrow button rat...
We have noticed that sometime recently, some of our grid datawindows are scrolling to the top automatically when we switch to a different sheet and then come back to it.  We are using PB 2022R3 build 3356, and we have a MDI application that utilizes ...
There does not seem to be an option to push to MAIN or Origin/Main repository, only MASTER or origin/master. How can I push code to the GIT Main repository instead of Master repository in PB 2022 R3?...
Hello community,  First, I read the Q&A from Peter Theim with a similar topic, but it was marked as resolved, so I'm starting a new question. Second, I'm using PB 2019R3 and I know that dockable windows are obsolete as of PB 2019R2, but I'm tak...
Hello, Using Pb 2022 R3 build 3356 One of the user wants to convert the input characters to a string field either to uppercase or wordcap based on the option given in a setup window. Say, if the setupoption is set to UPPER, meansthe input value of...
I am upgrading from 12.6 Classic PowerBuilder to the latest 2022 R3 release. Our application uses stored procedures via ODBC connection to the DB2 tables on the Mainframe. The application verified the user log on,  so I know it can connect.   It ...

There are no discussions available here currently