Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, today we experienced a weird problem with our application build with PB 2017 R2. We tried to install an update of this app on a clients system but trendmirco blocked and finally deleted the app-executable because of a possible threat. Over the l...
como puedo añadir el recaptcha a mi aplicacion que esta en la nube...
Hi PB Gurus I am facing a problem- my client has an application where PBLs are in different folders. Plus, the PFC class PBLs are in other folders. To have a better visual, let's just use the example below: On a window server: C:\Folder_PFC\PFC.p...
Good Day! I have a strange issue. I have removed some unused objects from my PFC libraries, but they still appear in my Unsupported Feature Analysis Report.  I have undeployed my application using the Application Undeployment Wizard. I tried using ...
Hi, I know there is a way to connect to a repository from IDE using "Connect to Workspace" if no workspace is open. This clones the repository to my local machine and opens the workspace. I want to use a different way: - Use TortoiseGit to clone t...
Converted the application (client/server desktop) from PB12.5 to PB2019 build 2082. Rebuild works fine. No problems when I start the application within the IDE. When I deploy the application (P code) PB crashes without any errors. Any ideas?   T...
I started receiving the "Specified database file in use" error today when trying to run our web app.   It had been working fine before today.  What can I do to fix this problem?   I'm running SQL Anywhere 16 PB 2019 and PowerServerPB2019...
Hello, With the major release of PB 2019 is over, shall we know what Appeon thinks about some of the pending enhancement requests ? 1.  PDF enhancement - Page size, merging, etc. 2.  Modern Graph  Still more there... Such pending enhancements ma...
Has anyone else noticed a problem with using an underscore as the first character of a drop-down datawindow object name?  When I try to apply the DDDW to a column and save it, I get one of those syntax errors a row/column....
How can I change the code template SnapDevelop uses when I create new "API Controller Class"? Initially I want to decouple action names in route from method names in the controller - and - rename HttpPost method Update => Insert - and - rename ...
I am getting an error when exporting a datawindow using the C# Model Generator to a snapdevelop web api.  When I open the C# Model Generation window I am asked to select/setup a database connection profile which I am able to do.  The test connection ...
Hi, Is there an option to use RSA Asymmetric encryption with a 2048 key using OAEP padding, as we want to generate an encrypted value of 256 chars, and using PB2017 R3 it is only generating 128 chars?   e.g lblb_data = Blob(a_sPassword, EncodingA...
We have a Store procedure declare as a Local External Function in the Transaction object  function long pr_generar_codigo(decimal cod_parametro,ref decimal next_serial_no) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "sbp.pr_generar_codigo" in the update strart of the da...
Hi all   I have a quick question to which I have not found an answer online. In the design mode, I put a command button on a window and need to set its Visible property in the IDE to unchecked (false). It disappears from the window. I thought th...
Hi all,   i have a datawindow which can contain thousands of records , each record has a status code.   Lets say status can be 0, 1, 2, 3 , 4   What is the fastest way of showing the user how many records with status 0 there are , status 1 and ...
Hello, I'm trying to understand security for a PowerServer deployment when used to deploy a traditional Powerbuilder (classic) application. Is there good documentation that I could read, and could be shown to security architects? In particular, I'...
Hello all,   I have currently implemented PFC Dropdown search onto my program and it is working fine when my DataObject is selected in the IDE or set by script (only if the DataObject is empty on the IDE). However, whenever I change the DataObject ...
Hello Sir, Small application developed in PB12.5 version having one screen just to import excel data into data window  and display user after validating data. This application doesn't contain any webservice or database calls. I am using controls... ...
Hello guys,I'm having trouble and would like some help.There is a software that uses PowerBuilder 11.5 for reporting (.PBL), and PowerBuilder 11.5 is no longer sold, so I downloaded the newer version (PowerBuilder 19) to generate reports (.PBL), but ...
Hi all Here is what I did (in order) - installed Oracle 11g 64bit client on a Windows 10 64bit machine (successful). I was able to run the SQLPLUS and query our dev Oracle 11g database - installed Powerbuilder 2017 R3 on the same machine (successf...

There are no discussions available here currently