Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
OSMajorRevision is returning a 6 on Windows 10?  I was expecting a 7   Anyone else having this problem. ...
Running in following error MicroSoft SQLServer 2008 R2: DataBase Error: (209=SQLSTATE = 42000 Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0 Ambiguous column name 'OrderKey' - checked all datastores and datawindows for duplication of column OrderKey ...
We are transitioning to Windows 10 and some clients have a two minute lag just starting an application.  Windows 7 was slow startup but two minutes is getting crazy.  exe and pbds are local ...
Hi, Good Day. We need help regarding the issue we encountered when running our application in WEB 1. We have SET the AEM Data Source 2. Compiled the Application to WEB but when we run the application in Microsoft Edge Browser its not ...
 Yesterday I asked about an issue where I stopped getting error messages when I make a mistake creating a script.  One reply said to try re-installing.  The other said to see if I resized the window improperly.  Its not a problem with the window s...
this might be not a pbl issue, but i need an advise, still, please: in datawindows, i have fields for entry and fields for display. fields for entry are embossed, they have the lowered border #5, fields for display  have no border #0. the...
To answer a question from Neil, I've created a small sample application of how I do spell check using word. Anyone can download it from my Google Drive using this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/153LI4Lh7935VibrHB-q9nCyHKgbOKy-...
When Powerbuilder 2017 R3 is released in July will it be possible to develop and test PowerServer Web applications using the Universal Edition?  I understand that a PowerServer  Web license is required to use PowerServer Web for production applicatio...
PB Help says to use FileLength after FileClose to avoid sharing violation. Can someone explain that or anyone having experience with it? Started to get errors on file read using PFC on a new 2016 server, so it might be some encoding issue, but was...
Hello, We have a small problem with the pbc170.exe Compiler. We included in our project the pbdom170.pbd (c:\program files (x86)\appeon\shared\powerbuilder\pbdom170.pbd). If we compile the project in the Powerbuilder2017 IDE everything works as i...
Hi! I am using version 2017 R2 Build 1756 on a machine with Windows 10, and the border on the groupbox does not show! What can I do? Anders Ångström anders.angstrom@tieto.com ...
Hello, we are testing new httpclient and jsonparser objects. Which additional files do we need to include for compiled PB application to make these features work? Interesting thing is that without required files compiled apps does not throw ...
In the PowerBuilder script editor - I stopped getting error messages when I make a mistake creating a script. For example, suppose I make a typing mistake and spell the name of a variable incorrectly.  When I try to save I used to get a message st...
Hi, Using PowerBuilder 2017 R2   I am connecting to SQL Server 2012 using 2012 Native Client and DBMS=SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB).   All works as expected but when I put Trace to start tracing using DBMS=Trace SNC SQL Native Clien...
Is there a possibility to create a powerbuilder service application (Without third party software )?   ...
After migrating my application from Powerbuilder 9.0 to Powerbuilder 2017 (build 1681) I’ve got problems - the application fails to retrieve data if the datawindow has an outer join statement with left or right outer join. Errorcode -131 / SQLSTATE 3...
Hello, We have a rather huge legacy application with a variable set of "long running" application startup behaviors.  Differences in run depend on 1) time of day (first login for day or not), 2) run from IDE or EXE 3) program options installed.  I...
I see that this is available for download today.  Is there a list of changes/fixes included in this? ...
Hi.   Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I guess there is a lot of bright people here with a good amount of experience.   The case is that one of our customers are having serious problems with their Citrix solution, provided ...
Appeon PB2017 R2 B1756. Database : SQLAnyWhere 9. I have a curious issue. If I run the application thru the PB2017 IDE it work perfect, but If I run the application via the EXE then I get this Error "Connect Failed".  "999 The Driver's name...

There are no discussions available here currently