Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Could you guys point me in the right direction (article, sample, previous questions) ho to make EditMask DropDown Calendar to work in a mobile app. Regards, Clarence....
hi there, i am using pbdom to parse a XML string and then using it to populate a treeview.I'm experiencing an "issue" when the string content of an item is more than 260 characters. It looks like the treeview truncates the label to 260. Do you guys c...
Hello, I am getting this error while I am trying to run the powerbuilder(Version 12.5) application. I make sure the data source name,user name and password is correct. But still I am getting this error. FYI - My SQL authentication mode is SQL and W...
PBv12.1, b7055 Windows 7, 64 bit platform Client/server app Normally, we run our main app from a batch file, which consists of:    --- add the Class Libraries      set path=%path%;J:\QualityAssurance\csgi12\Common\Common_0193\exe    --- add t...
Has anyone used PB to deploy to either the regular Windows Store or the private "for business" store that MS offers to enterprises? Can it even be done?...
Hi, As I explained in object I've an issue on A Appeon 2017 Migration on one of the applications I maintain for a customer. On Windows7 sources PB10.5 migrate from PB10.5 to Appeon 2017 R3 without any problem. It's possible to execute the applicat...
Hi All, i am trying to deploy a little Pb 2017 R3 application using u_canvas (canvas.pbx) object from first free version of Brad Wery Graphical objects. I get the following error: Failed to parse u_canvas There is a way to deploy Pbx to Appeon We...
Help I migrated to PowerBuilder 2017 R2, in this version SVN is included native, but I can not using a lock of objects, this complicates the develope in my aplication. We are 5 programers and don't know who control a object. When several devel...
Hi Everyone, I've created a pipeline object with two retrieval arguments. When I want to test the pipe object by executing it, a window pops up asking me to specify the retrieval argument, unfortunately I can not key in anything (not editable) withi...
Hello , I want to test powerserver 2017r3 with an PowerBuilder application/Oracle database.When i set database type it's ok and it connect but when i define the transaction object (On AEM :Welcome > Server > Resources > Data Source > ) the connect...
Hi All   I am new to IM - trying to get up to speed.  I opened up an older file in 2017R2 and it migrated up.  It then asked me to select a database profile, then I get an error - "Attempt to open DataWindow failed".  I was able to open the reports...
Our company has purchased PB 2017 licenses but until we can do a full regression test are stuck doing maintenance in 12.5.  Today my 12.5 crashed hard and I'm no longer able to get in.  I get the Sybase SySam license was not validated message.  It th...
I didn't see it listed in the R3 documentation as being unavailable, so I attempted to use the new ImportJson() method in a PB 2017 .NET web service.  The PowerScript compiles successfully, but when you attempt to deploy the target you get this error...
When printing from the RTF control in 2017 R3 the output is zoomed about 125%.  Has anyone else seen this?  Any idea if there is a work around?  R2 works just fine....
Hi, Our application has been using Msxml2.DomDocument.3.0 in our application and working fine to traversing node in XML. Recently we upgraded our code and started using Msxml2.DomDocument.6.0 version but this is failing to use SelectNodes for the s...
Greetings All, If I install the 30 day trial of PowerServer 2017, can I apply the license later or would I have to uninstall and reinstall? Thank you, Paul...
  Appeon displays the user sign-on in the top right of the main window together with a dropdown arrow:     I would like to do the same in my Appeon application. My main window is a PFC-inherited MDI frame. Any ideas as to how this can be achie...
I just installed Powerbuidler 2017r3. Reading the User guide in the chapter '3.3 Using Git source control system' where referencing the proxy server configuration, makes me ask a question: - Why are there two configurations for the proxy server? ...
I saw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cglOa-PIHBg In the video a ASP.Net Core Web Application will be created. Does Powerbuilder 2018 also supports ASP.Net  Web Application? Regards Robert...
I am attempting to deploy a PB mobile application to Windows Server 2016.  IIS and PowerServer are installed on the server.  I am using Powerbuilder 2017 R2 1769 and Powerserver 2017 R2 1756.  Both the Web Server and Powerserver are configured in the...

There are no discussions available here currently