1. Steve Mason
  2. PowerServer Mobile (Obsolete)
  3. Wednesday, 25 July 2018 23:55 PM UTC

I am attempting to deploy a PB mobile application to Windows Server 2016.  IIS and PowerServer are installed on the server.  I am using Powerbuilder 2017 R2 1769 and Powerserver 2017 R2 1756.  Both the Web Server and Powerserver are configured in the PB Powerserver Toolkit on the development system.  "Test Web Server Settings" and "Test PowerServer Settings" are successful.  I have successfully deployed applications from my development system to other servers.  I can transmit files to the FTP server using an FTP client.  When deploying the Exporting and Generating steps appear to be successful but an error is displayed for each object when deploying (for example, "Error in deploying meta\d_appuser.dat file).  Attached is the deployment log.  The directories are created on the server but no files are installed.  How can I fix this?

Attachments (1)
Accepted Answer
Appeon Support Team Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 1 August 2018 00:46 AM UTC
  3. # Permalink

Hi Steve,

When you are installing a mobile application, You should not use different Application Profile Name and Application URL from those specified when creating the package, otherwise the application would not run.

Please refer to step 4 of the chapter below in PowerServer online help.
https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/2017/powerserver_toolkit_user_guide/ch09s01s04.html#Installing_an_application

And please edit the web server settings to set the 'File Transfer type' to 'Local File Transafer' and 'Web Root Path' to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot'(as shown attached).

Regards,
ZhaoKai

Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Steve Mason Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 31 July 2018 21:25 PM UTC
  3. # 1

KhaoKai,

The URL is set to http://web server:port/qbranchmobile.  Attached are screen shots of the Deployment settings and Server settings.  If this correct?

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. Tuesday, 31 July 2018 21:09 PM UTC
  3. # 2

Reference Chris' questions:

IIS/PS appears to be working.  I can log into AEM and I don't think there are any weird messages in the PS logs.  Attached are the Server and Deploment logs.

Attachments (1)
Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 26 July 2018 19:15 PM UTC
  3. # 3

Hi Steve;

Is IIS/PS working OK? For example, can you log into PS on the cloud machine OK using AEM (Appeon Enterprise Manager) - the PS console. Any weird messages in the PS logs (check in AEM)?

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  1. Thursday, 26 July 2018 19:08 PM UTC
  3. # 4

I created a deployment package and copied it to the server.  I get the same errors when running the install.  Attached is the deployment log.

Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. Appeon Support Team
  2. Friday, 27 July 2018 00:21 AM UTC
Hi Steve,

Please change web server setting to set web root to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot' when install package, please refer to step 5 in page below.

https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/2017/powerserver_toolkit_user_guide/ch09s01s04.html#Installing_an_application

Regards,

ZhaoKai
  1. Helpful
Appeon Support Team Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 26 July 2018 00:36 AM UTC
  3. # 5

Hi Steve,

Appeon works in passive Mode with FTP, please setup the FTP server's firewall support for PASSIVE MODE.

the primary part that was required was entering the external IP address of the server in this component BOTH in the server FTP setup, as well as the DEFAULT WEB SITE setup. These are both directly setup in the IIS setup portion. Also, windows firewall itself must have FTP passive mode ports open.

This ftp firewall setup requirement may be specific to windows 2016.

You can also work around this issue by packaging a server deployment project, then copying the package file to the target server to install it.

https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/2017/powerserver_toolkit_user_guide/ch09s01.html

Regards,
ZhaoKai

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.