Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello All, Is there any way to force the refresh of the Datawindows Object Cache. Any PB code or something at server level that does no involve the restrart of the PowerServer. Thanks all ...
Hi Everyone,   I have created a window in which inserted a datawindow and in Datawindow i have added text ,texboxes. But when I am running the application window is showing blank datawindow. I have used the below code : long l1_rows ...
Hi, I need help to find the best way arrange my source code - using GIT as source control - when two different applications (targets) are sharing some common PBL's. Our company is using Bitbucket. My current setup is like the following exam...
Hi,   When runing an application i am facing a sytem error number 36 (Name not found accessing external object. How to fix this?? ...
How can I distribute the free SQL Anywhere with my PB app. I used to use dbeng50.exe but it has gotten buggy in Windows 10. I have read that you cant use dbeng* and need to use rteng* but I can't find it anywhere. ...
Roland sir, i tested your send email code (pbnismtp.pbl file) and it works perfectly. i want to send bulk emails with attachments. So in bulk email tab window(u_tabpg_bulk) i add a listbox and add and delete button to add files to the attachment . ...
A co-worker is having issues with this.  Does not seem to work.  anyone have any hints?  Soon to be fixed/released? (PB2017R2 build 1756)  Thanks ...
HI all,   From the download page i read   The release note for Build 1769 says: Installing this revision requires you to uninstall the original version 2017 first. If you have already installed build #1756 of this revision, we will pro...
Hi ,   I have a question in which i want a simple sample code like of login page  username : text password:text ok_btn so once i clicked on ok_btn the above entered details of username and password gets saved to database.   Pl...
Hi all, we recently migrated from PB 12.5 to PB 2017 R2. We noticed that when modifying the SQL of a grid DW and going back in design, all the Footer and Summary computed fields are lost and all the computed columns are moved at the rightmost side...
Hi,   I want to create a report in powerbuilder using sql 2012 In which firstly i want to create a form in which user fills their entry and these enteries on the click of save gets saved in the database and then on the click of another butto...
I was going through the Appeon tutorials - "PowerServer Web & Mobile Tutorials" in that "Debugger Configuration Tutorial" mentions to download "Microsoft Script Debugger". I couldn't find it in the Microsoft website. Where can I get "Microsoft Sc...
Hi everyone! created a window in which datawindow is of external type ,data is been fetched from database and retreving it on the basis of date. In the datawindow result is looking fine with proper name but when I am saving it into excel its he...
Hello, I found a small (unimportant) issue in PB 2017 R2, even so I'm interested in what the reason is. In PB 2017 tab pages are rendered a little bit smaller (in width) than PB 12.1 did. The difference becomes more visible, the more tab...
How can you determine the overlap in hours between two time intervals?   time interval 1: (starttime1 and endtime1) and time interval 2:  (starttime2 and endtime2) What is the overlap between these 2 different intervals. ...
I am currently following the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-upeWlrlSN4 for consuming a REST service using the REST client for a POC to show the PHB so we can upgrade to PB2017.  the video says to use File/New and select the REST client proxy ...
PB2017 R2 build 1756 - I'm trying to consume a BizTalk service.  It's a very simple person search service, where I pass a person id.  The response is generic for when we want to add name search etc, so it returns an array of person.  Not sure...
I created a new library to contain objects while I'm developing them.  I updated the Target library list, but my project (which builds and compiles everything) doesn't include this new library to be included.  I couldn't find anything in ...
Hi, Where and how can I track DBError of SQLCA transaction object when I'm using Datastore? In Datawindow there is dberror event but how to do it with datastores? BR, Hannu   ...
My dw has a column with the dddw edit format.  The dddw requires a retrieval argument to isolate records from another table that only apply to the master record.  The retrieval argument is different from the data column specified from the master wind...

There are no discussions available here currently