1. Martin Kaltenböck
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Tuesday, 10 April 2018 11:36 AM UTC

Hello,

I found a small (unimportant) issue in PB 2017 R2, even so I'm interested in what the reason is.

In PB 2017 tab pages are rendered a little bit smaller (in width) than PB 12.1 did.

The difference becomes more visible, the more tabpages are in the tab-control.

The tab properties are set like below (see image) and the font I use is MS Sans Serif (not true type).

I have no problem with that, in fact it is an advantage, because there is more space available on the tab, but does anybody know the reason?

Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 10 April 2018 13:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Martin;

PB's tab pages are actually User Objects "under-the-hood". Looks like the UO's are rendered a little sharper in your screen capture of 121 vs 2017. This change could have been introduced in either PB 12.5 or 12.6 versions as well. Remember that PB 2017 is built upon the 12.6 code-line, so that change could have been easily introduced in a previous version. If you post your PB 12.1 code, we can see how it renders in PB 12.5.x and 12.6 out of curiosity. My personal guess is that Sybase optimized the tag page feature a little when it was introducing the Dockable Windows feature in v12.6.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.