1. Kevin Ridley
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 9 April 2018 13:10 PM UTC

PB2017 R2 build 1756 - I'm trying to consume a BizTalk service.  It's a very simple person search service, where I pass a person id.  The response is generic for when we want to add name search etc, so it returns an array of person.  Not sure why, but PB wasn't able to figure out the return, but it has defined it as any, which is inconvenient, but I've gotten around this before by retrieving to the any and then assigning to the correct object.  The problem is, I'm catching a SoapException because it doesn't like something in the document format.  Fiddler shows that it returned data as expected, but we get the SoapException.  Below is the function declaration and response:

function any ReadLinkDb2Person(  long LinkDb2PersonReadRequest[]) alias for ""

Response (from Fiddler):

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 753
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 12:57:07 GMT

Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 9 April 2018 18:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

It would also help to know whether you are using the .Net Engine or the old EasySoap engine.  For what it's worth, I would almost always recommend using the .Net Engine.  The EasySoap engine is quite dated.

Comment
  1. Kevin Ridley
  2. Monday, 14 May 2018 19:00 PM UTC
Sorry Bruce I missed your reply.  Yes I always try to use the .NET engine and that is what we are using here.  We were on the 30 day trial and it ran out, so we stopped trying to get this to work.  Currently waiting for management to pull the trigger for PB2017 as we have successfully lobbied to get it.

That being said, still having this issue in PB 12.5.2 as well, also using the .NET engine.  I've gone through the XML trapped with Fiddler and it looks to me like position 391 is the beginning of a timestamp column.  I'm trying to work with the service developer to see if we can change it to a string and see if that works.

Thanks,

Kevin

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Marco Meoni Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 9 April 2018 13:55 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Hello Kevin,

in order to understand the problem, it would be helpful if you post the endpoint (URL) for the WS method call that throws SoapException.

Best,

Marco

Comment
  1. Kevin Ridley
  2. Monday, 9 April 2018 14:10 PM UTC
It's not a public URL, it's internal to our company.

1. Helpful
  1. Kevin Ridley
  2. Monday, 14 May 2018 19:05 PM UTC
Best I can do is post the xml from the service wsdl.  This should've generated an object called LinkDb2PersonReadResponse but instead the function returns any:

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.