Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
is blob with encoding supported in powerserver? It sounds like it is NOT from the help in powerserver?  Is the encoding that is used by powerserver the same as the default that powerbuilder uses? These are the encoding values as per powerbuilder:  ...
I'm using Powerbuilder 2017 R2. I have set up Git and was able to successfully Connect To Workspace. Everything looks good in the GUI, I'm able to see the objects that I have changed. I was then able to successfully do a Git Commit. The final thing ...
Hello, I am using PB 2017 R3 Build 1880. The FileDelete function is working fine in my machine whenever my application run on other machine then it is not getting deleted. I assume this function is returning (FALSE or NULL). That might the file ac...
I would like the experts, to confirm if below case is a PB2017 bug. Preceding and succeeding character Char(26) ('') got removed when using Trim function. We have migrated from PB12.5 to PB2017R3(Build 1880). When we use Trim function to an encrypt...
Hi folks, (Migrating from PB 12.5.2) I couldn't find PBEJBCLIENT170.pbd in PB 2017 R3 (even in \Shared\PowerBuilder), neither any PBEJBCLIENT*.*. I read some issues resolved in R2, but there's no way to do the same in R3. Am I losing something? TI...
Hi I started to use Powerbuilder 2019 but unfortunately I did not select release licencen when closing. How can I enable this setting ? I cannot find it in system settings and Powerbuilder 2017 cannot be started because of licence locking. Gunnar G...
Hello, I just intalled the PowerBuilder 2017 R3 IDE 1858 on my computer (W7). I have a valid online license. When I launch the IDE, I have to log in: I type de mail address and password, then Log In. PowerBuilder crashes. Do you have any idea ? T...
I am steal new at using the mobile functionality. What I am trying to accomplish is to make a phone call. From a datawindow showing the names and Phone numbers I am trying to make a phone call by selecting one of the Vendors in the list & pressing ...
Hello All, i am using the eon_mobile_mapex object Following the tutorial from Marco Meoni (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nalRw9U7UQ) i manage to use the Anotations and locations. my question is if i can get the location of a site selected by h...
Hello, PB 2017 R3, Postgresql 11.1 Need to print a label report in a Datamax barcode printer.   Different label sizes are possible.   Tried with For 3 labels in a row, single label size 3 x 2 cm 1.  Created one label dw, retrieved required data. ...
I'm looking for code that automatically scrolls drop-down DataWindows to items that begin with the typed letter.  Similar to PFC n_cst_dwsrv_dropdownsearch....
This has been an issue since PB 11.5 when we included an OCX into our application.  It was there in version 12.6 and still an issue in 2017. We have added a custom calendar OCX to our application.  To add this, I did an INSERT-> CONTROL -> OLE From...
Good morning. We have a couple of app running without any issues. The Only issue I am having is the following: One of my user recently change his I-phone (8) with IOs 12.1.4 and he had to reinstall Appeon WorkSpace. We installed the app and now he ...
In selecting Fonts, the "Text" Font can have a specified color; indexed to the Windows settings.  But it looks like the Column, Header and Label Fonts can only be black on a white background. Is that correct and, if so, is there an explanation? Tha...
Hello, PB 2017 R3, build 1880, Posgresql 11.1 Calling a function from itemchanged event, which retrieves value from db through a query,  Select a.nameInto   :ls_nameFrom  table_aWhere field1 = :ls_where; Messagebox('return1', sqlca.sqlcode)Messag...
Hello, I´ve got another problem. It´s with Appeon Workspace. I´m doing a mobile app. I´m using PB 2017 R3 1880.  When I try run the app in the appeon Workspace I´ve got  this error: Error code 15056 The Appeon client library(build 1988.00) is inco...
Powerbuilder 2017 R3 Build 1880 TortoiseSVN 1.11.1, Build 28492 - 64 Bit Visual SVN Server 3.9.2   I added a workspace with more than one target (targets shares some pbls) to a SVN single project repository When I modify a datawindow for the fir...
Greetings all. Working with BETA, I make a build as usual, and install it on standalone machine, got all run-times files out of the package right in the installed directory. Getting ADO.Net connection error please see attached. Did check .net looks...
Hi, I'm new to the TX Text Control. How can I use the control functions and properties as described by the vendor? (https://www.textcontrol.com/documentation/?param=o_txtextcontrol.htm&product=ocx)     Specifically, I want to add a hyperlink an...
We have a customer who has office 365 'click to run' installed version (vs full msi install).  They are not able to connect to excel using the ConnectToNewObject method call.  Excel is loaded, just it's the 'click to run' version.  Is it possible to ...

There are no discussions available here currently