Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We have a PB app in 12.6 (moving to PB 2017) which is largely used by users in English However we have the need to enter some information (usually foreign language names) in native Character sets - such as Chinese, Korean, Eastern European. Usu...
Hi All, Do you have a recommendation on how to determine the width of the value of a char column?  At the moment, I use GetTextExtentPoint32A, but this slows down the retrieval, as I set a computed column in the datawindow as a flag in the retriev...
It is critical to our operation that we are able to support our French language customers. Does anyone have an ETA on when they will be available? ...
I have just installed PowerBuilder 2017 and on running it for the first time it wants me to log in in order to check the licence. However when I try to login I get 'No network connection' in red on the log in screen. My guess is this is pr...
Hi all I need to develop a ws with https WSDL file . Does pb 2017 support that   Thanks   Moshe     ...
Greetings All, I have a PowerBuilder 12.5 application with code in a timer event that periodically looks for records to process.  While not a PowerBuilder issue, we have been having some trouble with a database where the connection times out or so...
Hi, Are there any detailed updates to the RoadMap?  What exactly will go into next version? Also when is the next maint release planned ?   Thanks Steen ps. We are actively using PB2017 - Universal subscription - (2 developers) and it ...
Hi, I am just struggling to fix this. One of the window is read only. I did optimize it, full build several times but no luck. Please assist me. Sometimes the window is read only and soemtimes its working fine with very big size of it covering the...
Hi all   I did migrated a 12.5 app to 2017 . with 12.5 i put all needed DLL's files in the EXE directory for not to run msi file or point the directory from the AUTOEXEC,BATCH system  file and it worked fine.   I wanted to do the s...
One of the features of our main app is the ability to convert data from competitors' DBs into our DB, which actually happens pretty frequently. That is done by having the client's files from the competitor's SW on the same computer that w...
Hi all   After migrating an app to 2017 , what do i need to do within the code in order to save to pdf without any PDf printer installed or GS installed ?   Thanks   Moshe ...
Hi all   I have migrated a pb12.5.1 application to 2017 , the migration and deployment went over great with no problems . I have a WS in the app ( i did export to a PBX file into the PBL file for the 3  soap objects instead of  putting the p...
When DWO is in preview mode, it looks fine on the screen. It prints fine too.  When savedas PDF! using the nativePDF! apporach, the resultant PDF introduces extra blank pages. dw_Main.Modify("Datawindow.Export.PDF.Method=NativePDF!") dw_Main.Modi...
Hi, I am from Latin America and I am migrating from pb1251 to pb2017, what should I do to make the date appear with 2017-ene-23 and not in English format like 2017-jan-24. There is something similar to EBF20964_localizaded. Thanks in advance ...
Hello, not sure if anybody can help me with this but thought i'd try.  I have an application that was originally written in Powerbuilder versio 7.0  years ago and has been runningsince about 1999.  I converted it to Powerbuilder version 12.5 awhi...
I'm planning to start an evaluation of Appeon Web shortly. The plan is to have a test server on a Windows PC, but the production one on Linux. So I think that means we need to go with Apache with a J2EE server. Am I right in seeing that JBOSS ...
I successfully migrated (trial)  PB 12.1 to Powerbuilder 2017 but my email which I send through SMTP (local) is not working. One of the errors I get is "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its permissions". My suspicion is th...
Hi, Good Day! is there a Powerbuilder Advance lectures? If yes, can you give the link. Thank you, Benjie Trinidad   ...
Description of PB Universal includes Appeon Web Apps*(*Server licensed seperately). Appeon Web FAQs - Appeon Web is not included in any edition of PB2017.  What does it mean? How much is "Server licensed seperately" ? ...
Hi,    I have saved the export method as PDF . Verified the DWO source code and found below. Please confirm if this looks correct.   export.xml(headgroups="1" includewhitespace="0" metadatatype=0 savemetadata=0 ) import.xml() export.pdf...

There are no discussions available here currently