1. Steen Jakobsen
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 23 August 2017 00:48 AM UTC

Hi,

Are there any detailed updates to the RoadMap?  What exactly will go into next version?

Also when is the next maint release planned ?

Thanks Steen

ps. We are actively using PB2017 - Universal subscription - (2 developers) and it works great.

Julie Jiang @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 28 August 2017 08:07 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi all,

We plan to deliver the first maintenance release (EBF) of PB 2017 on September 30, 2017.  

Comment
  1. Steen Jakobsen
  2. Friday, 1 September 2017 06:20 AM UTC
Hi Julie,

Thank you for the update.

I think Appeon need to be much more open and responsive and share details about what is going on!

We need to know what is happening and specifically what is being done about bugs etc.

We are all betting on a better PowerBuilder and a better organization to take care of PB.

So what will the ebf include?

Sybase and SAP has historically been very bad and extremely arrogant in response to their customers by simply saying nothing. - I signed up for 2x Universal PB and I really hope this historic behavior of Sybase and SAP is going to change with Appeon.

Thanks Steen

ps. Also please fix this forum so that it can send a simple email to us when there is a reply. 

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Daniel Vivier Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Saturday, 26 August 2017 17:56 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

I think the Roadmap is only intended to show feature releases. What about EBFs? Is one scheduled?

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 25 August 2017 14:37 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Hi Everyone;

Please keep checking the roadmap page on the Appeon Website.  We are continually updating the features and dates listed there to reflect our latest plans.

HTH

Regards ... Chris

Comment
Roland Smith Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 23 August 2017 14:00 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

All we know currently is that Appeon plans to release a new major version annually. They haven't said anything about a release schedule for bug fixes or the possibility of point releases mid year. It would be helpful to know so we can better plan for upgrading our apps.

Comment
Daniel Vivier Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 23 August 2017 12:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Yes, I also really want to know when the next maintenance release, or even EBF will be - I'm reluctant to release a version using the new NativePDF printing until the problem with bold fonts not being embedded is fixed, because at least some of our users will complain about the fuzzy fonts when it's bold, in documents that are important to them.

Comment
Jonas Blomgren Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 23 August 2017 07:35 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

I also want to know when you are planning to release a bugfix version

Need to know if we should go live with the bugs we found and reported or wait for a fix.

Comment
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 23 August 2017 03:12 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 7
Hi Steen ... I hope that your coming to the Elevate 2017 conference in September . Regards ... Chris
Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.