Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi i´am trying to create workflow with git for our company. We use Powerbuilder 10.5 and Powerbuilder 2017 so i intend to keep the workflow similiar. My current Workflow looks like this. Extern is a tool outside of Powerbuilder and intern are functi...
we are presented with a very serious problem, when generating the PDF with the new NativePDF method, a temporary file is created in the folder where the dll is located. This file is unique, so if there is concurrency of several users generating pdf...
How do I get to know that there was a new reply or a comment in an old thread (question) on this forum? ...
Hello! I've a same problem as Rene Ullrich. Do you have any workaround for this bug? Please see it in the link!! https://www.appeon.com/standardsupport/search/view?id=585 It's very important for me, because I have a big application wi...
We have 2 Universal licenses.  I have been using mine fine for about the past month.  My colleague yesterday started getting prompted to login, and it says "You are already logged in.".  I closed my PowerBuilder 2017 R2 I had been left running for ma...
Hello All, I have a pB12.5 app connecting to a old Ingress Database. Now is using JDBC- my appeon Server is a .net Appeon Server. please confirm if the solution is to create and ODBC to the Ingress Database or there is another solution. ...
Hi, We've downloaded PB 2017 R2 , completed online activation and we've installed it Windows 7 machine. Installation was successful with no errors. Migrated our source code ( earlier PB version was Sybase PowerBuilder version 11.5) and created ...
Hello, I have a PB Classic app that has some SQL injection problems. They are caused by some DESCRIBE statements, which as far as I know are related to duplicate detection in lists. Anyway, the app was not developed by me and it builds a SQL SE...
Sorry if this question was asked and I missed it (searches didn't yield a solid hit). I've been working regularly with PB 2017 and Appeon Mobile since they were released and am loving it so far. I haven't dabbled with Appeon Web yet...
Good morning all, I'm looking for the Adobe dlls needed for Adobe ole objects. I'm trying to import data into an acrobat template, see below. pdfapp.connecttonewobject("AcroExch.App")   We recently purchased Adobe Pro and I can...
Hi. I've downloaded the trial version of PB 2017 R2. I've installed it on a fresh new Windows 10 machine fully updated. Installation was successful with no errors. When I try to run PB (PB170.EXE) nothing happens. In the Event ...
Anyone ever had a similar problem ??? when deploy a webserver  ---------- Error messages:    (10:15:07) Error: C# compilation error when invoking pbwsemit.exe  ---------- Finished    (10:15:07)   ...
Has anybody attempted using Quiksoft Easymail in a 64 bit PB12.5, PB12.6 or PB2017 environment? Any help is much appreciated. Larry Peters ...
We have a pfc based Powerbuilder 12.6 app  using SQL Anywhere that we are starting its migration to PB 2017. We handle international film distribution and some of our customers want to be able to enter the local European language names - but our c...
Hi Since at least Version 12.5, if a DW control had the Autosize Height property enabled, ligatures (for some fonts like for example Calibri) were turned off, while if Autosize Height is disabled, ligatures were turned on. See example: Sinc...
Will there ever be a download of runtime files available for English?  I see a zip for other languages but not English.   ...
Dear all, any way to get the values i can put in the Powerserver Datasource for MSSQL Server in the  Other Options and Extended Options if i put the same than the dbparm seems to have no effect. for example i have in my DBPARM: Trusted...
Hello, I'm just testing the new built in Richtext Control (TE Edit Control) in PB 2017 R2. I'm using the richtext control as well as the datawindow richtext edit style. As previous mentioned in this posthttps://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q...
Hi folks,   during every PB2017 start conncting our workspace to the SVN repository a Progress dialog of the PushOK software shows a full processing of all(!) our PB objects. It shows a message like " Received: UDF7093/pblname/datawindowname...
Hello, Is there a library to write to a syslog server from a PowerBuilder app? Or, if not, then is there a way to create log entries from PowerBuilder, that complies with the new European Union's general data protection regulation, namely i...

There are no discussions available here currently