1. Kelly Dahmer
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Thursday, 22 March 2018 20:16 PM UTC

We have 2 Universal licenses.  I have been using mine fine for about the past month.  My colleague yesterday started getting prompted to login, and it says "You are already logged in.".  I closed my PowerBuilder 2017 R2 I had been left running for many days just this morning, and now I'm getting the same behavior.  

I can access and sign on to my account via a web browser just fine.

Any recent license validation issues on Appeon's side?

We asked, and our network services claims nothing has changed here.  If it happens to be a proxy/firewall issue on our company's side, is there a specific URL/port we need to verify that they allow?

Michael Kramer Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 22 March 2018 20:23 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Kelly,

This may happen when the license check for some reason goes haywire.

You can "logout" to enable you to "login" by doing this:

1. Sign in to Appeon's web-site
  2. Choose User Center (from your logged in blue icon in upper right-hand corner)
  3. Choose from menu on the left: License Management > PowerBuilder IDE > Logout User
  4. Click the Logout link to the far right and that particular license becomes available for new login

HTH  /Michael

Comment
  1. Michael Kramer
  2. Thursday, 22 March 2018 21:27 PM UTC
Hi Kelly,

I have worked with PB 2017 intensively since approx last summer. I "lost" my login twice, once because my PC crashed (screen died). Once I never quite figured out why it lost its connection.

Good luck and enjoy! Personally, I'm really fond of PB 2017 because of the regular updates. Yes, bugs are annoying as always, but bugs get fixed - and we have a product which is supported on current O/S with current DB drivers.

/Michael

1. Helpful
  1. Armeen Mazda @Appeon
  2. Friday, 23 March 2018 04:30 AM UTC
We are making some enhancements to the licensing mechanism in PowerBuilder 2017 R3 to further reduce the likelihood this happens.  This release is scheduled for July 31, 2018.

1. Helpful
  1. Georgios Papageorgiou
  2. Friday, 23 March 2018 11:37 AM UTC
NICE !!! +1 from here  -

( like brute force ) :)

/Georgios

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.