Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
I'm experiencing very slow performance in displaying resultsets in dwo's on my computer if I run it through RDP (remote desktop).The retrieve itself is lightning fast, but the displaying many rows in absolutely all dwo's in my app is becoming VERY sl...
Discarded question. Sorry!...
Hi - Hope this is the right place to ask this question(s) - We use PB 12.5.2 with Team Foundation Server 2015 - using the latest MSSCCI connector.  As part of upgrading security to TLS 1.2 compliance, when TLS 1.0 is disabled on the TFS 2015 server ...
HI This is Prashant here, I am using PB 12.5.2 and Windows 64. I setup 2 input Languages  1 English (United States), Keyboard = US 2 Marathi (India), Keyboard = Micrsoft Indic Language Tool I toogle the language Input Using Left Alt + Shift. Befo...
Hi, all. Does PowerServer (PB Edition) 2017 R3 Build 1858.00 support deployment to Android 5.1.1? If not, what Android version(s) does it currently support?...
Hello all, my client/server app works fine, but when converted to Web it is ignoring or has no effects whenever I reference an a variable defined in NVO. For example:  I have n_constant that has some  CONSTANT  instance variables in it: constant ...
Hi,    I migrated the current application to web and performed unsupported feature analysis. Since some part of code can be ignored as they are unsupported, I am trying to open the object by right clicking(refer screenshots)  on the objects in the ...
Hi, I thought I would mention an issue that I seem to have picked up between development and live environment. I have a 100 page report and I perform the SaveAs PDF using native pdf, this works fine in development and produces a 100 page pdf report...
How to change the graph line colors? I have a datawindow that has a graph datawindow within it (composite).example: using the dw_1.descripe("DataWindow.Objects") I get back the list of objects in the primary datawindow.problem_desc........dw_graph.....
Hi Guru I need to view a PDF in a Datawindow and change the filename proprerty. tips ?...
Hi all,  Using PB 17R3 for an Appeon Mobile project.  I'm trying to feel my way through using the URL Scheme going mainly off the documentation found in the PowerServer Toolkit User Guide - Packaging Applications - Customizing and Packaging Appeon ...
Hi, Does anyone know how to dynamically obtain the name of an object function? This.ClassName() will return the name of the object, but not the function I'm working on. I want to use the name of the function in error messages so I can easily locate...
Hi,  We are encountering the following error when we try to access a field in our power-builder application. "Error opening DLL library pbshell.dll for the external function in the constructor event of an object". When we looked in the power-builde...
Hello, I am doing a critical proof of concept that uses a reverse proxy from Apache to connect to our PowerServer Web application running in IIS.  I am seeing the following error regarding the Appeon plugin:   2nd/final page error The reverse p...
Hello everybody. I have PowerBuilder 8 and I'm migrating to 2017 R3. Someone could indicate me If there is an easy way to show the Display Column of the Code Table when I save a datawindow as Excel? Now in PowerBuilder 8 is it possible? I have 1 co...
We are using 2017 R3. For some time now we have been consuming .NET Soap web services from one of our business partners. They now require us to migrate to a new web service technology, called RPC/JSON. This is outside negotiation. I should like to ...
HI, If I run in debug mode a window with a datawindow in Powerbuilder 12.5 the display looks different than in Powerbuilder 2017? (See attachments) Regards, ML  ...
Hello PB Guru's I have one burning issue right now. Our PowerBuilder application is on version 12.6 and build # 4091 Some of our terminal users have reported that the application suddenly crashes and throws an 'InPageError'. This doesn't happen for...
Hello, I have an application in PB17 R3. I would like to have a table in cloud with the status of the users. So every time a user logs in, the application will check the status in the table in cloud. And accordingly the application will proceed or s...
Background: PB 12.1 build 6639 (lots of clients with legacy s/w) against MS SQL Server 2012 R2 Scenario:* 2 app users* same group, so same app access rights* same PC, using same autologin/generic Windows account* one user occasionally crashes on a n...

There are no discussions available here currently