Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello, I have PB 2017 R3 in Windows 10 with Oracle 10g. PowerBuilder connects fine with the database. But powerserver connection is failing. Here some pictures:   Please Help. Thanks....
What driver(s) package must I install to use the MS SQl Server Native for PB 17 on Windows 10.  Thanks...
PB12.5 MS SQL SERVER a Dw with the identity column running on POWERSERVER give the following error select max(identitycol) from table invalid column name identitycol the sql is not written anywhere in our code (not PB nor Trigger/store procedure)...
Hi Guys, I'm testing the new PowerBuilder 2017 R3 at the moment, and at least in my VM running Windows 2012 R2, the performance issues in both the RichTextEdit control and the richtext style column that I have issues with seem to have been fixed.  M...
We have an external datawindow, the appearance of which is controlled by the code. Its columns sometimes can be presented as large boxes (200 height, 2000 width). While scrolling, these fields can be partially hidden behind the bottom border of the ...
PowerBuilder v12.1, build 7055Windows 10, 64 bit platformSummary   I'm trying to install PBv12.1 onto a Mr. Jeff Steven's VM. Everything seems to have installed correctly, but I cannot get PB to recognize the valid license!    Any ideas on how to to ...
I have a need to update registry settings prior to launch of InfoMaker. I am wondering if there is some way built into the product to have it automatically run some PB code or external script at launch. I have two ideas: Point the shortcut to a scr...
ApplicationExecutable build using PowerBuilder 2017 Release 3 - does not run on user machine. I have included all the dlls as recomonded https://www.appeon.com/support/documents/appeon_online_help/pb2017r2/application_techniques/ch33s04.html   It ...
Deployed a web service to my Windows Server 2012 R2 and when I test the service on the server the following error shows in the log file.  The server does have Power Server running on it using DotNet. PB Trace output file: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ldap_roo...
Hello All, I am opening u_dw [pfemain.pbl object] user object dynamically on a window using OpenUserObject function. Object is opening fine and working properly My question is that I was unable to track the parent object on Clicked Event of u_dw. ...
Hi all, I need to find a certain string in an excel sheet through OLE automation. The value can be anywhere in the sheet. Here's a small snippet of what i have got till now. In this example i want to look in the active sheet for the word "#STARTPO...
We are attempting to publish a remote application using Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (RDS) on Windows Server 2016.  The client/server application was developed using Powerbuilder 2017 R2.  When we attempt to run the published app the program doe...
Hi,Is Powerbuilder support code folding and hint the same variable in the script when click the variable? It's sounds like a basic question but I really can't find the option about that.Thanks for the help :) My Powerbuilder version is  2017 R2 bui...
Hi everyone, We are working on a web migration project and we have some RESPONSE WINDOWS. When we go to the documentation we find: "When a response window of the Appeon Web application is opened in Internet Explorer, if you click the area out of the...
I am unable to install PowerServer it says I need to install .net 4.6. I have a new laptop with Windows 10 that came with 4.7 and it want let me install 4.6. Anyone have a workaround for this issue?  ...
Hi Appeon Community, Greeting! Our Product is on PowerBuilder 2017 R2 with Github as repository. We have been using the ORCA script as well as PBC170.exe to Refresh/import the lastest objects in PBLs and build the EXEs as well as PBD which is worki...
I need to be able to get the user's SID (session id) in string form, for example: S-1-5-5-0-687862401. I need to access registry info under: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\SessionDefaultDevices\ I'm trying t...
Hi there, is there an easy way in POwerBuilder to "sanitize" a XML string? I need an advice to exclude all not valid xml unicode characters from a string any help would be appreciated tia...
I had a PowerServer Mobil installed on my computer. To Install PB2017 R3 I deinstalled it. During full instation of PB2017 R3 I got the message that license.appeon could not be installed. On start of AES I get the message "Error14018: Your PowerSe...
Hi everybody,   Got a big project to migrate from PB 12.6 to Powerbuilder 2017 and my biggest problem is the use of FNFIXEDBAR When I had to migrate from 10.5 to 12.6 I had to use FNFIXEDBAR126 When I had to migrate from 7 to 10.5 I had to use FN...

There are no discussions available here currently