Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
is there a special process to delete stuff that was downloaded?  Or do you have to just go to the download location and manually delete the InstallPackages directory?...
Hello, I have  to migrate my source control CVS (Push OK) -- PB to GIT. I am using PB2017 Build 1666. In order to use the native PB access to GIT, I need to download PB 2017 R2. I am not sure where can I download this version of PB version. I am hol...
Sorry I am sure this has been asked before but for some reason I can't find anything useful. Does PowerBuilder 2019 come with some new and wonderful way of calling C# code, non-visual I think, without having to use COM wrappers, or Web APIs, or any ...
Hi: How can I manage the transacctions? I can't put code on the transacction object:     So, how can I manage them? The errors, desconections...   Thanks,  Oihana  ...
Hi All, I'm using PB 2017 R3 Build 1858 in Windows 8.  I've got an asynchronous report using SharedObject functions.  Data is retrieved using a datastore then is copied into the report datawindow after the datastore has finished retrieve.  When I cl...
    Is it possible to include the fonts when making PDF Native? I have problems with PDF viewers on mobiles that do not display the Consolas font correctly. Before using PDF Native, we used PDFCreator to make our PDF and it included the fonts...
It seems that for Response type windows, MinBox is greyed out and even if it appears checked, there is never a minimize control on the window. Is there some API way perhaps to override this? The tricky part would be that if the response window was m...
Hello,  Since .NET System assembly has numerous extension functions for string and datetime, would it be possible to use it in Powerscript? If yes, is there an example of it (even though the assembly is in the system path, it is not going to be in ...
Hello, team It was not clear in the documentation if it is possible to load c# assemblies from different directories in run time. For example, I have a local PB application running on user's C drive and I wish it to load different assemblies from d...
Themes are not working after  2019 R2 update ...  Someone can tell me the solution.......
We have a app that runs on remote application servers for 100's of users. I would like to get maximum performance and was going to test a 64bit version.   Any know issues or limitations or will it just migrate over ?   Any help as always apprecia...
Hi. As more of our clients are being migrated to the PB 2019 version of our software, we have been getting calls about Windows default printer differences. Some of our users change the Windows default printer while our software is open. In PB 12.5, ...
We have a datawindow that has two MultiLineEdit fields, each with a vertical scrollbar.  When there is enough text in a field to require the scrollbar, there is a residual line at the bottom of the field that makes it look like there is more text to ...
I am using Powerbuilder 2019, and I am not able to bring datawindows to front or back when coding a window that has layered datawindows.  In earlier versions of Powerbuilder (our previous version was 10.5), right-clicking on a datawindow and choosing...
Hi.   We migrated from PB 2017 to PB 2019 a couple of months ago. New runtime was generated and all good. But one of the newer customers has problems calling an external SOAP WS we have for looking up some data in another ERP system. Using ProcM...
Hello Is there any way  to validate to powerserver LDAP without asking user&password with the window but taking the user&password from the operative systen (i.e Windows 10)?   I mean a kind of single sign on.   Thanks in advance.   Reg...
Hi, How i disconnect all transaction in a Userobject? The command "destroy" disconnect the transaction?     Thanks...
Our application is crashing randomly so I enabled tracing to see what is causing this Appcrash. I got an issue by enabling Trace but trace file is not opening and popping out with the below error message.   After this, I opened our application n...
Hi, I configured file server like the documents said, but when I want to make of_logonfileserver it doesn't work and don't do anything. What can I do...
I've installed the latest version of PB 2019 R2 Build 2170 using the installer.  However, I'm not able to see any of the new features like the RibbonBar or anything else.  The help file contains nothing on them.  I don't have the RibbonBar Builder in...

There are no discussions available here currently