Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
My applications needs to take advantage of the SQL server 2016 features like bulk copy, etc. Microsoft undepreciated the OLEDB driver and suspended SNC. Yes I agree that the SNC 11 connects fine with 2014 and 2016 (not sure about 2017) We are usin...
3 of our clients are reporting strange formatting characters displaying in their rich text control. The string of characters is always the same and it's always at the beginning. They can delete the characters but show up again later. The characters a...
Hello, Will it not be good, if we could have a combo of dw facilities in one (composite) dw for reporting purposes ? Like, Header Band - a freeform Detail Band - GridFooter Band - Gird or FreeForm (Choice to be there)Summary Band - Grid or freeform...
Does anyone know how to resize picture taken from the camera? We need to: 1. Take a photo on phone/tablet: eon_mobile_cameraex uo_camerauo_camera = CREATE eon_mobile_cameraex...li_rc = uo_camera.of_takefile(li_filetype, lb_allowedit, ls_filepath) ...
Just an FYI to others about PowerServer licensing. I spoke with their sales department by phone and was informed that they only support a single instance of PowerServer per physical server. This is limiting for our "normal" deployment configuration w...
Hi Gurus  I noticed a behavior change in Masking between PB6.5 and PB2017R3. I our application, there is couple of areas where masking is defined e.g. for date it's "dd/mm/yy"  When I am using PB6.5, I can copy a date which is e.g. "01/02/2018" an...
Hello,someone knows how to show a route (route) in mobile PB with google maps, I have coordinates and I want to show them on the map Hola,alguien sabe como mostrar un ruta (recorrido) en PB movil con google maps, tengo coordenadas y deseo mostrarlas...
Hi everyone I watched a presentation rerun from the Elevate 2018 online - https://bit.ly/2reD3x8 In this clip titled "Demo: New Features of PowerBuilder 2017 R3" I noticed on the presenter's screen the Build number is something later than 1858, whi...
Hello everyone,  There are a few different features with PB 2017. Once i connect to source control and have my workspace open should i "refresh" the entire workspace and then do a "git pull" on the workspace?  What exactly is the "refresh" option d...
Is there a way to control the category values instead of having them auto populated, i can put in place holder percentiles however when my clients values come through it plots them with their own grid line see below.  I have attempted to edit the so...
I am using PB 2017 R3 and connecting to oracle  via  a 32 bit 12c client. Everything seems to be working except that it takes an abnormally long time to establish the connection (18 secs). Is there some setting I can use to speed up the connection pr...
Hi  I work with a largish commercial system which uses Infomaker as its user reporting engine. Our site contains about 800 IM reports, some out of the box, a lot custom. I would like to be able to produce a dataset of reports crosslinked to their ...
Hi,Powerbuilder 12.6Windows 7 x64SCC: Microsoft Visual SafeSource im trying to work with PBOrca126.dll directly from my PB app.Basically i just want to make a small app for making a lot of global replace in code.I can connect to Orca and make change...
Hi Guys, I'm using PB 2017 R3 in Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit and Windows 2012 R2 64-bit (VM).  If I paste copied texts with a hyperlink in the last line into a richtextedit control (I tested one from the Appeon website as well), and there are no b...
Hello All, Any one have a simple example on how to combine the Appeon FileServer with the eon_mobile_camera have a request for a demo for a car repair shop. they want to take the picture of the damage of the car when it arrives  Regards. Andres ...
I have a user function object used to open a web browser that causes a crash when deploying the project but only when the option to create machine code and a .dll library is selected.  Deployment with Pcode as well as machine code without a .dll libr...
Greetings.., Find is not working in Filter buffer in powerserver web , but it is working in PB,  ids is datastore   ll_count = ids.FilteredCount()ll_find = ids.Find ( "parent_level='0305'", 1, ll_count, Filter! ) Any Idea   Regards Antony  ...
Hi All Can anyone help, I need to be able to query the printer and know whether it is offline or out of paper or a jam etc. How do i do this, using PB2017r2/3 currently   regards and thanks in advance   Andrew...
Hello All, i have a few crosstab Datawindow with a store procedure as data source in PB2017 the column specification button and menu entry is disable so i can not change the store procedure or add any new parameters if the store procedure has chang...
Hi everyone.Im creating a discord server for talk about powerbuilder development. If you want to join it: https://discord.gg/MvG33eV...

There are no discussions available here currently