Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Dear PB experts, We have a PB application that was developed using PB version 12.0 Build 5530. This application has been certified on Citrix XenApp 7.15. Few months before we migrated our application to PowerBuilder 2017 (using 2017R2 at present). ...
Hi Guru   How long can a 'string' field be?...
Hello, I want to learn PFC and how to use it, Is there any tutorials or anything from where i can start?...
I am getting a server error when i want to go to localhost/aem   also when connecting with my apeon app to the server i get the message :    Error code 16105 This powerserer is not activated.   Any suggestions, any help is welkom...
Hi,   Query rgd issue Adobe font embeding : Identity-H   This issue started popping after upgrade "Powerbuilder 12.6" to "Powerbuilder V2017 R3 Build 1880"   Our powerbuilder application generate Adobe PDF file via older version Rich Text Edit ...
The new native CrypterObject is not supported in PowerServer web.  To get around this I've been trying to utilize the bcyrpt and crypt32 dll's in windows with no success however.  They always return a null value when I run the app in the web environm...
Hi Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong I have a Rte control - that has text, text fields and numeric fields on it - i copy this to my datawindow the text fields display the data but the numeric fields just show a blank space. The fields match...
Hi all, I would like to create a Data Access Layer for my PB application; it would need at least 3 (little) objects for each database table. Since my database has about 200 tables, what would you suggest: create a single pbl with 600 objects; cr...
Hii , PLEASE help me ... I have a code int li_pkey  long ll_pkey  ads_data.Object.pkey[ll_row] = '429456'   li_pkey = ads_data.Object.pkey[ll_row]   THEN li_pkey  RETURN GARBAGE VALUE  BUT WHEN I USE THIS LINE  ll_pkey = ads_data.Object.pk...
Hi, I'm using Power Builder Version 2017 R3 Build 1858. I have chosen EditMask style type and "Drop-down Calendar" property for a column in a data object. When I run the application from power builder/exe, the calendar pop-up is opening on the ver...
I look for possibility to build PB Application from source code using PB native tools. Please correct me if I wrong. To build application, the source *.sr*  files have to be imported into .pbl files.  The only way to do that natively is to use PBORCA...
    Hi, I have a question about the notifications when the app is executing background, How can I achieve this? Or if this function is not implemented yet, Is there any plans to introduce it? ...
Starting this morning PowerBuilder is not starting up on my PC.  It is asking me to activate an offline license.  This is the first time this ever happened.  I do not know anything about it.  I try to activate but it does not work.  I currently am on...
Hi everyone, I installed ghostscript 7.06 and seen in control panel its having font also but when opening Pdf file its opening with error(couldnt open pdf file). Then i installed 8.71 and seen in control panel its not having font in it but when...
How can I use PBC, if I have some PBR associated with different PBD in my project ?...
I am running PowerServer with my 17R3.  When I sign into the Application I get the following error "Specified Cast not Valied"         ...
Hello All, I need to redirect the Console Output to a PowerBuilder APP in my production enviroment i am a code based in this sample https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SYBPB/Redirect+Console+Output it works perfect in 32 bits now i need to mak...
Is there a maximum number of PBL that can be in a Library List?   We have 141. I like to add about 90 paired unit test PBLs. Is there a hard limit of 255?   Thanks Yakov...
Hi.   Several of our customers use Citrix to run our application, and for the most part it works fine. But every now and then some experience that certain forms will not draw/show completely. I have attached an example where a popup window ("Lage...
Powerserver 2017, PowerBuilder 2017 R3, Sybase ASE 16. Works fine in Client server, but when running in WEB, after the close of the query, AEM still shows transaction opened, eventually it times out and we get the transaction time error.  Any ideas ...

There are no discussions available here currently