Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
In one of my two main applications, the application Close event never fires if I run it from within PB or in the debugger. It fires in the compiled (pcode) version. Almost identical code also works everywhere (in PB, debugger, or compiled) in the oth...
Hi,   I tried saving datawindow as XLSX! format in PB2019. But the return value is -1. Can anybody guide me the script for Saveas XLSX! format? Awaiting your valuable response.   Regards Jinu Nair...
Hi everyone the lengthy report when i run through web deployment shows below error Error Code : -2146232060 Error Text : Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding if...
I am upgrading some applications from 2017 R3 to 2019 R3 build 2670 and am having an issue.   It all converts find and runs interactive fine.    But when I compile if I compile as 32 bit, Symantec will quarantine the file for Heur.AdvML.B Risk and th...
Hi Community, Testing Data Source PRODERP failed: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified.  it was working with PB2017 after upgrade to PB2019 oracle connectivity is not working.   Thanks, Raj ...
To all, I am new to Snapdev and also not familiar with Visual C# deployment.  Following the step by step instruction from Help content, I have successfully deployed the SalesDemo application on local PC (IIS), and run as "Cloud Desktop" application...
Is there any available documentation on how to deploy the web api's to a remote IIS server ?    ...
Hi, The following dbparm configuration required for TLS 1.2 pb connection object is erroring out with the attached error. SQLCA.DBParm = "Database='EnvisionFunds',TrimSpaces=1,TrustedConnection=1" It's looking for domain user even though domain us...
anyone know what's going on here. or how to solve this   Thanks in advanged   Also deleting to make a new profile is not working  ...
Hello Pb users, Many of our customers are starting to complain about the strange opening and sorting behavior of open windows with Powerbuilder 2017 and Windows 10.Sometimes, when they open a new process, an already open window comes first and hides...
Hi. Is there a way to handle MouseClick or MouseDoubleClick events on the new WebBrowser control in PB2019R3? Looks like right now these events are not supported......
PowerBuilder has an unknown number of runtime options that are set by deploying pb.ini with the exe. I say unknown because none of them are in the help file, all public knowledge is in the user forums. Forum comments I have seen say to put pb.ini in...
Hi, I'm using the Webbrowser control to display some XML - it gets nicely formatted by the control. However, it gives an error if the XML contains any extended characters (contains German/French). "This page contains the following errors:error on ...
Hello Appeon Folks, Greeting! and Happy ThanksGiving! We are currently using PB2017R3-1858 version. We have observed few things related to Print(). When application runs in window 2008 or prior version it is giving highlighting different default pr...
Hi, all! I cannot debug the web application because there were JS files larger than 500 KB. I managed to reduce the size of these files (the largest is now 360 KB) but it still gives me the same oversize error. What can be the reason?...
Hi, Stored procedure check null logic is not working in PowerServer (PB2021 beta version). I have to replace check null logic with check blank space , any solution to fix it without changing stored procedure code ? eg.1   INSERT INTO #decodes (Di...
Hi, I have found a strange behavior of PB when I use a DataStore into a user function. If I run the projet directly from powerbuilder the function returns the info correctly, but if I run from .EXE it does not work as expected. I prepared and attac...
Hi, We are facing an issue in PowerBuilder application which is hosted in CITRIX environment. The application crashes in some workflows frequently. This happens when another third party application (MModal) is installed in the client machine. The be...
Has anyone else experienced programs crashing in the DW DLL PBDWE190.DLL (with messages like "progname.exe has stopped working") when you put a DW into PrintPreview mode, or if not then, when go to actually print it? I'm guessing this can be related...
I've logged in before using PB 2017 and PB 2019, but now I get an error at the point of login that states 'No Network Connection'. I assume that the network restrictions at my worksite have changed and now it is being blocked. There is network connec...

There are no discussions available here currently