1. Rajkumar Elanchelian
  2. PowerServer 2020 or older (Obsolete)
  3. Thursday, 11 March 2021 08:13 AM UTC

Hi Community,

Testing Data Source PRODERP failed: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified. 

it was working with PB2017 after upgrade to PB2019 oracle connectivity is not working.

Thanks,

Raj

Kai Zhao @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Friday, 12 March 2021 03:38 AM UTC
  3. # 1

Hi Raj,

Did you get this issue in AEM? Please refer to the article below to solve the issue.
https://support.appeon.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/76/15/how-to-resolve-the-oracle-related-error-ora-12154

If the issue persists, please provide the information below for more study, thanks.
1 Does it work well on PB IDE database painter?
2 Did you upgrade it directly to PS 2019 or is this a new installation on a new machine?
3 Are there multiple Oracle clients installed on the machine?
4 Did you install the 32-bit PowerServer or the 64-bit PowerServer?
5 The Oracle client version you are using?

Regards,
Zhaokai

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 11 March 2021 11:22 AM UTC
  3. # 2

We don't have any problems on PB 2019 R3 either, but .....

This is powerserver, that Raykumar is complaining about.

Currently I'm trying to test Powerserver 2021 beta and frankly, I'm stuck on this exact same error message. (using Oracle 19c).

If I get more information, I'll write it down here.

Comment
  1. Kai Zhao @Appeon
  2. Friday, 12 March 2021 05:08 AM UTC
Hi Miguel,

Did you get this issue on database configuration in the PowerServer project? This issue should relate to the Oracle client or the configuration. Please restart the machine after installing Oracle client to make sure its configurations take effect.

1. Please confirm the current machine has correctly installed Oracle 32bit client.

2. Please verify on ODBC if you can add a data source using Oracle driver and whether it can test successfully. If it is not successful, please re-configure your Oracle listening service.

3. Please verify on PB IDE if you can successfully connect to the Oracle database using an ORA Oracle driver.

4 Are there multiple Oracle clients installed on the machine? One of our customers ran into the same issue because there is another Oracle Client installed and the default home is wrong.

Regards,

Zhaokai

1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Friday, 12 March 2021 08:01 AM UTC
Hi Zhao Kai, thanks for answering,

1. Yes it has

2. ODBC? Okay, yes connects fine.

3. yes I can. (Our application also successfully connects and runs when not using powerserver).

4. I've uninstalled the 12c client that was on this computer and rebooted. Same problem same error.

Our application accesses the registry to get the connection information before connecting to Oracle. I'm thinking that maybe that logic has to change for powerserver?

I'm trying to create a small sample application and create a ticket if I can't figure things out.

regards,
  1. Helpful
  1. Miguel Leeuwe
  2. Friday, 12 March 2021 08:24 AM UTC
forgot to answer your first not numbered question:

No, I have no issue configuring the database in the ps project. All connects fine. The only thing I'm wondering about is that I cannot use a "TNS Name" in that configuration. It has to be the physical servername and the service in order to connect. Our program uses tnsnames.ora.
  1. Helpful
René Ullrich Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 11 March 2021 09:58 AM UTC
  3. # 3

I think it's an Oracle problem an not a PowerBuilder problem. We also use Oracle and have no problems with PB 2017 and PB 2019.

Have you tried to connect using sql*plus using the same connection information?

Usually it is a problem with your tnsnames.ora.

Look here for more information: http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_12154_tns_resolve_service_name.htm

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.