1. billy hugon
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Wednesday, 21 July 2021 18:47 PM UTC

Hello,

I logged a bug today but not yet resolved.  I've been using PB 2017 R3 for a couple of years and today I'm working along and when I closed a datawindow, PB hung up.  I had to kill with the task manager.  Now I cant get it to open.  I logged out and when I invoke PB it prompts me for my login and password.  Once I click Login, I see the PB icon at the bottom but the tool never opens.  They turned me over to the licensing dept but I wondered if anyone here could be of any help.  I removed/re-installed the version as well with the same results

Thanks

Miguel Leeuwe Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Thursday, 22 July 2021 15:04 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Have you rebooted your machine?

Can you do an "analyze wait chain" or something like that:

- open the taskmanager (ctrl+shift+escape)
- click on the details tabpage
-

See what PID is locking or blocking and if there is one, find that one by it's number in the same details or services tabpage.

I'm wondering if maybe that printspool process is locking you out, which has happened several times to me:

"splwow64.exe".

I don't remember how I got rid of it, I think it just stopped happening after some reboots / windows updates.

good luck.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
billy hugon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 21 July 2021 19:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

They said everything looks fine on their end.  They suggested I re-install the software, which I did, but the same results.  I'm going to try and connect when I get back to my home to see if there is a connection issue from work.  I've never had this before, but that is the only thing I can think of now.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  I will reach back tomorrow

Comment
  1. Wednesday, 21 July 2021 19:24 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 3

Yes, I have already removed/re-installed PB on my computer.  Same results.  I'm not sure where to go from here.  Again, I was in the middle of working with it this morning when this all happened.  Nothing else on my workstation is not working.

Comment
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 21 July 2021 19:20 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 4

Hi Billy, Your license shows it is valid and you are logged out. So there is nothing to be done by the license group, and something is corrupted with your installation. This is not typical install issues we run into so Appeon's first-level support will not be able to resolve this either, and instead we will need to get product engineering involved. Anyway, I think it would be worthwhile to try doing a system restore of Windows OS to go back in point in time when things where working and then reinstall PB. If that doesn't work, just to get you back up and running you might want to consider installing PB on a different machine temporarily until we sort this out.

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 21 July 2021 19:42 PM UTC
Thanks for checking Billy's License status Armeen!
  1. Helpful
  1. Wednesday, 21 July 2021 18:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 5

Thanks Chris,

I contacted the sales team as you suggested and they told me to log the issue here as well to see if someone may have seen this before.  

I will wait to hear from the license group

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Wednesday, 21 July 2021 19:40 PM UTC
Were the sales team able to verify your license status & its assignment?
  1. Helpful
Chris Pollach @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Wednesday, 21 July 2021 18:51 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 6

Hi Billy;

Thank you for opening up ticket # 6973 for this issue.

The ticket is now transferred over to the Appeon License Team.

Regards ... Chris

Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.