Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hello We are migrating our trunk code from TFS (VCS, MSSCCI) to SVN. [We don't put the 1.5 gig of PBLs in SVN (total waste of space and effort) as the tool leads you to think you must do.  It works just fine without PBLs.  Branching works fine too. ...
Hi All, Is it possible to record audio on mobile devices with Appeon Mobile (PB 2017 R3)? I recall at some point in the distant past that an object called eon_mobile_recorderex existed that allowed you to record audio on mobile devices.  The same o...
Hi Dear   I am facing a problem to apply themes in PowerBuilder 2019 Version/build #: 2170   please check the attached file.   my application object do not showing the Preview in Application Properties for selected.Theme. like Theme Sample atta...
We have PB2019 build 2082. Using Sybase SQL AnyWhere 2017 on Window 2016 Server. Also We have Window 10 with a 16GB RAM, 500GB HD. on the clients. We have this application running for about 10 years. Was migrated thru different version of PB and sin...
Hi  How get the Dimension of JPG file Pixel x ..?? Pexel Y ??   thanks   Luis   como puedo optner las dimeciones de un archivo JPG Pixel X..?? Pixel Y..??   Gracias   Luis...
I am currently exploring Powerbuilder 2019 R2 trail version and trying to deploy my app using Power Server toolkit configuration wizard. But in "Select DB Types" section I am unable to find to use windows authentication mode for Ms Sql Server and stu...
PBv12.1, b7055Windows 7, 64 bit platform  Summary Any idea what this means from the Server Diags of LMTOOLS??This license cannot be checked out because:A PACKAGE component must be specified. ALso, this came from the SYSAM.LOG file:15:27:32 (lmgrd)...
Good day,   I an issue with deployment of my mobile app... when using android mobile all datawindows are working fine..however, when using ios devices datawindow is not working. there is no dataobject on it.   please help....
Hello, support In my previous questions I was wondering how to utilize 3rd party .NET assemblies, which require returning and passing complex data types. In the responses I saw suggestions to create .NET wrappers for these assemblies. I am not sure...
I am about to upgrade PB2019 to PB2019 R2. Question: Is PB2019 R2 compatible with Appeon PowerServer 2019 Build 2151.00 product edition WORKGROUP. We have 6 mobile app and before I upgrade I want to make sure I will have no issues when I deploy the...
Hello PB Experts, I am having an issue with fetching value from a blob field using the SELECTBLOB statement. My query is something like this, SELECTBLOB objectINTO :lb_blobFROM tableWHERE code = :codeUSING SQLCA; However, this is throwing SQL Err...
Using PowerBuilder 2019 GA Build 2082. I want to change from Ghostscript to NativePDF without having to update all the DataWindow objects. Other than the method and pagesize properties, what other properties should be set so that I get a successful...
I have PowerBuilder 11.5 application which is using TFS 2010 currently hosted on Windows 2008 server. Since Windows 2008 server support is getting expired, need to migrate teh build server to Windows 2016 for which TFS 2019 is required as current TF...
Hi, I was checking our system for performance issue and found out that messagebox() takes relatively longer time. I am not sure what is causing this to take more time. Does anyone have any idea about it? Is there an alternative to messagebox?   T...
I'm using PowerBuilder 2019 R2 and Tortoise SVN 1.9.7 for a while and they work fine. Unfortunately, since few days I'm not able to view the connection settings of the SVN source control when right-clicking the workspace in the System Tree and selec...
I have a RTE and I am trying to prevent user from using the key board "cntrl-z" so that it does not clear out the RTE.  Scenario: Retrieve data from DataBase and paste it to the RTE control, that original paste I am guessing is being added to UNDO s...
Sir/Medom How are you? I am developing desktop applications in Powerbuilder since last 15 years. and Last I am working in PowerBuilder 10.5 and working smoothly and enjoying well. But now I was happy to hear about PowerBuilder 2019 by Appeon.  I ...
Hello All, I have a customer with PB2019 with a running mobile app with a PowerServer PB edition. now they decide to move part of the client server app to PowerServer WEB they have bought the PowerServer Web  it is posible to have the same PowerB...
Is there something available from Appeon along the lines on a decompiler that can be used to extract PBW/PBL files from a previously compiled EXE?  We are needing to migrate some of our very old programs (Powerbuilder 7-9) to Powerbuilder 2019.  Is t...
Windows 10. 64 bit platformCitrix hosted VMMonday, 13-APR-2020Thanks to Armeen's suggestion onm y last question I was able to successfully install baseline PBv12.0, open up a workspace, connect to a database, and successfully run the application! Tha...

There are no discussions available here currently