1. Muhammad Riaz
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 20 April 2020 07:41 AM UTC

Hi Dear

I am facing a problem to apply themes in PowerBuilder 2019 Version/build #: 2170

please check the attached file.

my application object do not showing the Preview in Application Properties for selected.Theme. like Theme Sample attached file.

Thanks and Regards
Muhammad Riaz.

Attachments (2)
Ken Guo @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Tuesday, 21 April 2020 01:06 AM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

Hi Randy

Don’t include Flat Design Blue” in the theme path.

Namely, you need to change it from:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\theme190\Flat Design Blue

Into

D:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBuilder\theme190

Regards,

Ken

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 21 April 2020 19:00 PM UTC
Hi Ken;

This s NOT a desirable option as the ThemeNNN contents will change over time (ie: EBF, MR, Release, etc). IN PB2019 R@ you can also customize themes by App. So when you deploy an App under a specific version & build in particular, the matching THEME folder and its contents should be packaged ONLY with the App' EXE and *not* in a generic and hard coded location (like you describe in your example).

Instead, "relative" pathing or better yet UNC support needs to be used to dynamically locate the corresponding Theme folder for each specific App. For example relative addresing: ".\Theme" - where this folder is *always* located as a sub-folder of the deployed EXE; contains the theme name sub-folders and also more importantly, the over-rides that are now possible in PB2019 R2. These will always be *unique* to a specific App instance and thus need to dynamically associated to the App EXE's deployment *location* (not hardwired).

Just my $0.02 ... Food for thought. ;-)

Regards ... Chris
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 20 April 2020 14:57 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Cannot understand your problem and what each screenshot is supposed to illustrate.  In one of your screenshots the UI Themes is set to "Do Not Use Themes".  You need to change that setting for this application, save, and then try running your app.

I would recommend you spend time to get educated on UI Themes using these resources:

Comment
  1. Chris Pollach @Appeon
  2. Tuesday, 21 April 2020 18:49 PM UTC
Hi Armeen / Muhammad ;

Setting the default in the App Object to "Do Not Use Themes" is the best. Unless you do this, there is *no* way to turn off any active Theme as the ApplyTheme() command is lacking support for an OFF functionality. For example ApplyTheme ( "" ) does NOT work. This is an issue in PB2019 and again 2019 R2.

The only way around this lack of functionality that I found is to perform a Restart() command and let the App object's "Do Not Use Themes" setting take effect during the restart process.

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.