Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi guys, Right now I am using PB 12.6 on W7. With this command I open an oleobject connecttonewobject ("InternetExplorer.Application").I need to migrate it to W10. In W10, the company wants to use Edge.Does anyone of you know how I can proceed? If ...
I'm doing some timings of an app I am working on that needs to be super fast. It is using a Microsoft Access database currently but in production mode will either be SQL Anywhere or SQL Server. What is really weird is that the DISCONNECT is taking 3...
Our Enter Price Users Power builder 2017  only the classic Power builder. We have to disable  TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 on the servers that host our SQL server data base. We are facing issues with as we are using SQLOLEDB connection. I came to know from v...
Hello All, We are migrating PB9 application to PB17r3. we have below some queries regarding group radio box. When we make exe in PB2017 with checked build option as "windows classis style", radio button is coming in black color and rectangle is n...
  Hello. We are in the migration proccess from server-client to powerserver Web. We have a new necessity for our application that is calling an API using Auth 2.0 We have look out the help reference and we have seen that there are two example ways...
Hello All, I have a machine with Virtual Box and a Docker Virtual machine installed Both Create a "network addapter" with ther own IP when i open the a PowerServer PB2017 Application in any browser the of_getclientip returns the IP of them and not...
Hi,   I have deployed powerbuilder 2017 R3 1880 build along with all required rtf control files as per powerbuilder document to a client machine along with other PB runtime files. My app runs fine accept when I open the Rich text control in edit mo...
Any one have done something with PB2017-9 And Cassandra. i need to read (only Read) some data saved in cassanda ...
I'm trying to generate C# web service for a progress database and keep getting the error.... [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Syntax error in SQL statement at or about ") = 'autoincrement' then 1 else 0 end AS" (107...
Hi all,   I have a problem that I can't solve with the synchronized scroll of 2 datawindow. case : dw_opt an header freeform datawindow dw_opt_h a body freeform datawindow these 2 data windows are very long (width property) so i need to scroll ...
I wander if anyone has any advice on storing non standard characters in powerbuilder.   I am writing an application that stores company names for firms across europe and there are many that have these special characters such as Ç , ö and ä   any...
I want to know if it is possible to get rid of the MDI-sheet titlebar and border? (using themes or some other way) If not, are there plans for such a feature?...
Our large applications use SQL Anywhere 12 and ODBC.  We are using Powerbuilder 17 Build 1880.   If you try to put a very simple and very basic query into a datawindow such as... SELECT "budget"."consumer_id", 0.00 as ohcrap FROM "budget" then t...
Is the Powerbuilder 2017 is compatible with Win server 2016...
HI All,   i am going to try my best to explain my problem.   I have a datawindow where multiple records are being retrieved. The design ( the heigth) of the datawindow is designed that only one row is visible, but there's a scrollbar to scroll in...
Hi All,  We are using windows function WNetUseConnectionA and WNetCancelConnectionA in our power builder application to connect to a NAS drive which is not working and getting error message saying Mapping is failed due to multiple connections to the...
Greetings, I'm doing test pbc190 and pb2019. In case of deploying in pb2019 by incremental, only updated pbl and pbd are updated. But in case of pbc190 by incremental, all pbls and pbds are updated. Is it bug of pbc190? I want to update only mod...
We are currently trying out a trial version of PB 2019.  We are running against a SQL SERVER 2016 DB. Using the IDE we're able to connect, retrieve and update to the database.  When the .EXE is built we can only connect and retrieve from the DB.  No ...
Our current version control system is antiquated and needs to be replaced.  I am giving subversion a try because I need to be able to have the capability to lock.  I followed the basic setup from Bruce's video and have the following questions/issues....
Hello If several different strong named assembly releases are deployed into the GAC (e.g.  Sybase.powerbuilder.core      v4.0_17.0.0.0_12345897d75b      v4.0_19.0.0.0_65789084e76b ) or in our case OLF.Agtech.Shared  etc.. How can we specify a ...

There are no discussions available here currently