Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
I installed trial versions of PowerBuilder 2019 and related Appeon tools to evaluate its web development capabilities. PowerBuilder and SnapDevelop is working fine. But, I could not activated Power Server. After installation I logged in to http://loc...
Hi All, me again (sorry). Trying to get the PowerClient working. I'm using IIS Express on the local machine. After deploying the PowerClient Project successfully, I click the "Run PowerClient Project button in the PowerBar" (I'm following the tutori...
HELLO FRIENDS  I NEED TO SERIALIZE  SQL SELECT / DW   TO JSON STRING  IN PB CLASSIC 2019 THANKS ...
Hi guys; I've noticed that the Appeon WorkSpace ID or the one provided by the of_getdeviceid() function is not really unique. There are Android devices, in a client application, where this ID is exactly the same. Is it an Appeon Workspace bug? or i...
Hello, I'm trying to deploy a PowerServer 2021 Beta project. our company uses a proxy to go out on the internet. How to define proxy at IIS level? web.config? in advance thank you for your help....
Hello, PB 2019 R3 - Theme I need to have different background colors for each window / datawindow.  Is it possible to set it through Theme feature ? Happiness AlwaysBKR Sivaprakash  ...
Hi All, Going to try to move this over 50 year old, exclusively client-server, PB Developer into the cloud/multi-tier/web-service world, basically because my customers are forcing me to ;-) OK, so my development environment consists of a Macbook Ai...
POWERBUILDER IDE 2019 Hi, It's possible to do nothing in my application  while a datwindow retrieve is not finished ?   thanx...
I'm thinking about replacing our mail-merge functionality in our application, currently built using a WebBrowser control put into DesignMode for editing, with a RichTextEdit (the built-in TX TextControl type). For this to work, it would have to be a...
Chris,   Trying to read com port 3 to capture streaming data from an indicator. Used a code sample you provided   where when you open the file it substitute "COM3:" for the file name and it always returns -1. Using PB 2019 R3.   Was hoping I co...
Hey all, I have a quick question about the bitness of the Powerbuilder 2017 IDE. I am using Powerbuilder 2017 R3 Build 1858, and I know that it is a 32bit development environment.  My question is: does a 64bit version of the IDE exist? Does there e...
Hello All, I have a question about the new PowerClient Deployment for 2021. I believe I know the answer all already but just to confirm. This feature will require all database connections to be VIA the webserver, having a local LAN connection will ...
Hi Guys, Hoping someone may be able to help point me in the right direction to overcome my issue. Using a modified version of the web datawindow com object "pbdwr110.dll" on a web server. Calling the object from cshtml to create forms/reports etc. ...
Hello, We are in the process of migrating a pocketbuilder application to powerbuilder. what did we do? 1. we migrated from Pocketbuilder 2.5.2 to Powerbuilder 10.5      After the migration we fixed the errors and warnings. The application ran oke...
Hi, Do you know why below error return when connection to ODBC-ASE 64 bit  database ?  Fail: PowerServer[0] ErrorMessage: Database connection or transaction is not opened, commit is invalid .MoveNext() -- End of stack trace from previous location...
Hai dears, Does anyone use the medical lab integration application with powerbuilder ?.  I used Winsock method to collect and send data (HL7, Normal...) between the systems through tcp/ip protocol and it is working successfully.  But, some machine...
Hello, I've just created a WebAPI project in SnapDevelop (2019 R3), and as it opens I get these errors. It seems that it does not find SnapObjects library and I have not found how to deal with this. I tried to add a DataContext file just to test ...
Hi,  We wish to create some application forms which will be called by html page.  These application forms are preferably webpages. Is there any option in PowerBuilder to create them?    Kind regards, Falguni...
We have a small RTE in one of our applications, used only by our staff. It is using the Built-In TX Text Control. It is set to WordWrap, and if I right-click in it when I'm running the compiled program and pick Properties from the popup menu, it sho...
Hi!I'm having a look at the PowerClient feature and I wonder if it's possible to do a build/deploy of a PowerClient project from pbc/orcascript or similar? We would like some way to avoid the manual process of building and deploying.   Regards,Nicl...

There are no discussions available here currently