Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Hi Below error pop-up after select drop-down list box (press tab) , how to fix this ? ...
Bonjour, J'ai installé hier PowerBuilder 2019 R3 pour mettre à niveau une application développée avec une version précédente et qui utilise une base SQL Anywhere v11. Si l'appli fonctionne très bien sous PowerBuilder 2019 R3, par contre le build de...
in powerbuilder how can i create a datawindow with date and time showing on left side on window and if i want to show an object like a rectangle with the date and time on window it should in line with given date and time and appear on window. if i d...
Hi,  I'm wondering if anyone knows if we are able to programmatically add words to the webbrowser controls dictionary.  I see you can right-click and add, but can we add some on behalf of the end users? Thanks, Brian Prom...
Hi Everyone, In my PB application (PB2017 R3), I created an OLEObject variable and connect to MS Word's OLE interface (word.application). I want to allow user to enter information in the .dotx template in MS Word. The template has no edit restrictio...
Is there any way to choose a customer paper size in an information report? I seems I'm only able to choose from a predefined list. I need to choose a page size for a pallet tag...
Hello,   I have problem with my PB license. I installed new windows and hence I have re-installed PowerBuilder. After re-installing, I try to log in with my credentials but It say you already log in and PB closes.   Login: prabhakar.rathinam@vo...
I just set up a server for testing the beta. Our current version is PB 2019 Build 2170. We are hoping tp skip R2/R3 and convert to 2021 for our Jan 2022 release. I was under the impression that a change was made to allow for running two IDEs at the...
I have just getting a license failure trying to start PB 12.6. Not sure when this would have started happening, but have been using 12.6 routinely to support customers for many years.I know this is not supported by Appeon, but I'm curious if any of ...
I see only PowerServer 2021 beta page saying beta ends in 43 days but no info on PowerBuilder 2021 beta download. How does PowerServer 2021 work without PowerBuilder 2021?   please advise when PB 2021 beta will be available with a link to the page...
Hello Testing PB19 RC3 to migrate one of our Webservice (.asmx) from PB12.5 I'm looking for the equivalent for  PBNETRT125_net.msi But didn't find any runtime on the trial version  Is there a solution to find the same for PB19RC3 ? Thank's    ...
Hi,This is regarding third party software JDK 1.6 used in power builder  IDE. we need information on which functionality uses JDK 1.6 in Power builder IDE.   As per the appeon documentation at (Documentation link : https://docs.appeon.com/pb2017r3/...
My API has a method with an optional parameter, that is passed as path: api/v1/ISV/Credits/[Channel] It is marked as [HttpGet("{customer?}")] and is declared as: public string Credits(string channel="") in the WebAPI Tester, it is listed ...
Hello, Using PB 2019R3 Build 2703 - Using Theme Flat Design Blue Need to set a (different) background color for dropdowndatawindow from datawindow.  Having the same background color for both datawindow and dropdown datawindow is bit confusing. Fla...
Since database operations will be done only on PowerServer, do we need to partition db logic into nvo’s before going PowerServer way? Or does PowerServer do it automatically moving all db operations to the server? I’m referring to an object like a wi...
Hi Guys     I have built a DLL for Powerbuilder and I tried to calling a function from it, inside of function DLL I have debuged, it just worked fine, but it has crashed after PB called it when PB was complished the program, it's not carshed during ...
Hello, We have long-connection and dynamic connection setting. In our PowerServer 2017 application, Oracle is the database and database user password is used as application password. We use 'SET ROLE ' to set oracle database role to control if user'...
Is there a way to display a list of images in a DLL without having to extract them first? I am wanting to provide a dropdown list of Icons from pbresource.dll so my users can select those instead of having them exist on the file system.  Thanks, C...
Hi, I try to use PowerBuilder compiler to build executable using Deploy in PowerBuilder IDE. My PowerBuilder IDE is 2019 R3 Build 2670. After creating deploy parameter file I can build executable in IDE using deploy. Then I copy the parameters from ...
Hi, I using PowerServer2021 beta 2. Use below setting to connect Sybase 15.5  worked fine in development server :- SQLCA.dbms = 'ODBC' SQLCA.dbparm = "ConnectString='DSN=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx'", driver='ase' But when connect from end-user PC below...

There are no discussions available here currently