Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,   I am writing a select query to create a datastore. I want to create a datastore where all columns must be selected which starts with 'IS_' from a specific table abc. Kindly note that the columns 'IS_' are added dynamically to the table. Henc...
 I am using this code to send out multiple reports to multiple recipients.  The problem is that it's only sending the first report to the multiple recipients. EXAMPLE:   User1@xx.com - Should get Report #1 User2@xx.com - Should get Report #1   ...
Hi, How to detect and read smart card from Powerbuilder. What i want to achieve is, when a card is place on a reader it displays the information in Powerbuilder....
Hi, How do i load HTML page in web asp.net core application using SnapDevelop. Thank you in advance....
Hi   We are looking for ways to connect PowerBuilder 2021.1506 application to an Azure database. We can connect to the database using: SQLCA.DBMS = "MSOLEDBSQL SQL Server" SQLCA.ServerName = "tcp:<our server>.database.windows.net,<por...
I want to use an Insert into Select statement in a datawindow but I get the following message: Is there any way to do this?...
Hi, I have a clinic application which created in Powerbuilder 2021 with SAP Sqlanywhere database and it is working morethan 5 year in a local network. Now, they want to work this application from different location and I have space in AWS . Can I ...
Hi, everybody. Just a simple question: Can the Appeon file service still be used with PowerBuilder/PowerServer 2022? Thanks in advance!...
Hi everyone,   I need to modify or configure the DBPARM of a cloud  apps environment of power server in IIS since it shows the database queries with an 'EO' suffix at the end of each numeric parameter.     Regards....
Hello Appeon Folks, I remember we used to have option to see the override event and function on top in the event and function list. I don't see that any more. What is the setting to sort these funcion and event list. I need to revisit whole list to ...
Hello, I have an issue with the Compress-Function. When i want to compress a folder and in the folder path is a dot the function returns -13 (e.g. E:\temp\f.older_name\compress_test). The dot is not in the foldername that has to be compressed, it c...
Hello Appeon Community,   According to article from https://docs.appeon.com/pb2019/pbug/ch07s02.html#ug12761: Read-only. When you pass as read-only, the variable's value is available to the function but it is treated as a constant. Read-only provi...
Hello, PB 2022 B 1892, No theme Need to set background color of a DDLB, which is inside a datawindow column.   By default, it's white and I could not find any way to change it in the properties panel (or I'm missing?).    Any modify command can do...
I am trying to migrate our PB 2019 application to PB 2022. PB 2019 uses PS 2020 to host our web application. We have a PBL called appeon_workarounds.PBL which consists of lot of functions which is used with in our application. Is there a new version ...
Hi Folk I am successfully creating a PDF from a quite a complex nested report which contains images as well as text. Unfortunately, even if I reduce the size of the images down to the minimum some of the generated PDF's are over 50MB which is far to...
Hi, what are the plans for supporting MS SQL Server 2022 and Versions of the MSOLEDBSQL19 newer 19.0.0?   According to the PB Help only MS SQL Server Versions up to 2019 are supported and only the MSOLEDBSQL19 Driver Version 19.0.0 is supported. ...
We have developed a desktop client/server application using PowerBuilder 2017 as well as 2019R3 Build 2703, where some users are experiencing flickering/redrawing of the UI. We are only able to reproduce the flicker when sharing the window through...
Hi, Anybody that could tell me why there is one different on Language selection when using Powerserver regards to powerbuilder on same database and same connection rules. The same different is one using sql developer vs Toad for Oracle Could this h...
Hi Sir,   I have questions about setting up PowerServer. I get very confused and lost after reading all your documents. Can someone assist me to summarize it? I understand that 1) To deploy my app files, i need a web server. 2) This Web Server ne...
Hi all,   I we use Powerclient to deploy our main application and it works well. Thanks a lot for that. Recently, we had a server failure and the IIS server was turned off and when we launch the application it doesn't start We had a 503 Service u...

There are no discussions available here currently