Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello All, Any one have a simple example on how to combine the Appeon FileServer with the eon_mobile_camera have a request for a demo for a car repair shop. they want to take the picture of the damage of the car when it arrives  Regards. Andres ...
I have a user function object used to open a web browser that causes a crash when deploying the project but only when the option to create machine code and a .dll library is selected.  Deployment with Pcode as well as machine code without a .dll libr...
Greetings.., Find is not working in Filter buffer in powerserver web , but it is working in PB,  ids is datastore   ll_count = ids.FilteredCount()ll_find = ids.Find ( "parent_level='0305'", 1, ll_count, Filter! ) Any Idea   Regards Antony  ...
Hi All Can anyone help, I need to be able to query the printer and know whether it is offline or out of paper or a jam etc. How do i do this, using PB2017r2/3 currently   regards and thanks in advance   Andrew...
Hello All, i have a few crosstab Datawindow with a store procedure as data source in PB2017 the column specification button and menu entry is disable so i can not change the store procedure or add any new parameters if the store procedure has chang...
Hi everyone.Im creating a discord server for talk about powerbuilder development. If you want to join it: https://discord.gg/MvG33eV...
Hi, i am trying to export a dw into an excel file, and i have problems handlig carriage returns and line feed characters. I also gave a look at the code samples but in the example i found the CRLF characteres are remuved. Can You help me please? How...
Hello Elevate 2018 attendees, Could anyone tell us whether any planned update regarding native PDF creation ?   I feel even the basic requirement of custom paper size is not taken care of in current release R3.  Hope there will be a requirement for ...
Can you make a datawindow where every other row has a different background color?    I need it for reports to make them easier to read.  In other words, Can the odd number lines - Lines 1, 3, 5, etc., have a white background. And can the even number...
Buenas Tardes alguien  tiene los videos de FIliberto Sosa y Chris Pollach, los que presentaron en Elevate 2018 de noviembre, los busco en el listado publicados en esta pagina y no los encuentro.   Gracias   Att  Maria  ...
Currently we extend our Powerbuilder published applications with a variety of .NET user controls that we've COM wrapped and inserted as OLE controls. With the increased C# support coming in Powerbuilder 2018, will we be able to directly reference and...
All - curious if anyone has these same problems as we're having with source control connections via the workspace object, see two attached shots.  1 - we have a consistent blowup with the TFSMsscciSvr.exe when trying to make a connection to Visual S...
Hello Experts,   We are facing issue while opening multiple windows. As part of Opening multiple windows. System creates Datawindow objects. We noticed that when User Object reached 240 / 250 limit then system is started to crash.    Do we have a...
Hi team, I have migrated my PowerBuilder Application from PB11.5 Build 4788 to PB 2017 R3 Build 1858 which got completed successfully but while running the application below termination issue occurring. Please have a look and advice accordingly for...
I am sending e-mails using Ole object (outlook.application) . The outlook in my computer is configured with two e-mail addresses. Say, one is xxx@gmail.com and another is xxx@company.com. Here in outlook, the default mail is set as xxx@gmail.com(that...
Hello, I need to capture images using the attached webcam [ desktop, laptop, ...]  and store that image in a database.  Smaller image size is preferable. Currently I got Logitech C-170.    Any idea how to accomplish this task ?  Should work ...
Hello, PB 2017 R3 Got one datawindow [dw_1] with one field, and a sle_1 on a window.   Need to move from dw_1 to sle_1 using enter [also].  Added the following code in pbm_dwnprocessenter event Send(Handle(This), 256,9, Long(0,0))Return 1   In ...
Hi,   i am trying to pass a structure to a c# dll, but i cant get it to work.I can pass simple datatypes like long and string.But when i use a struct with only a string, the string gets mangled. I have a read that you have to padd structure but do...
I found that this dll is being added by the runtime packager. I cannot find any information about it in the help files. Is it needed? If yes, what is it for? Roland...
Hi guys,   using PB2017 R3.   I need to create an XML document from my app. When i do the fileopen i code the EncodingAnsi parameter , but nonetheless the file being created is unicode ( i can see this when i do a save as in notepad).   The re...

There are no discussions available here currently