Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Good morning Guru In a big project I have performance problems in using GIT. There are very long waiting times when the project is opened, the choice of the commit item, etc. I state that the application uses the PFC and consists of 28 libraries w...
I have one datawindow named 'ABC' on which there is column named 'XYZ'. XYZ will be having large text so I need scroll bar there. I have set the vertical scroll bar property of XYZ. After retrieving the record Vertical scroll bar is not visible. F...
Trying to get the feel for how this is supposed to work. Can someone tell me if I am missing something. Set up bonobo git on 2012 server, tortoisegit on the windows side. In the IDE you just open an object up for edit and save it and there is a ch...
Hallo Appeon Team, we want to switch from MSSCCI Provider to native GIT interface and we want use the Powerbuilder compile on our CI Server. The migration to GIT works fine and on the source code level we could use this feature, but for our CI Pipel...
Need to create automated regression test scripts for desktop application UI created with PowerBuilder 2017. Is there any automated testing tool with out of the box support for PowerBuilder 2017?    ...
In mobile app, after a download with File Service, how can i open easily the plugin folder or open a file downloaded. Currently i display a messagebox showing the plugin path. But it's not practical....
We are in a place in our project timeline where we can finally migrate to utilizing the new native SVN integration offered in PB2017 (specifically R3, LTS).  I've run into a few confusing setup requirements and trying to get clarification as to the i...
Hi, I'm having an issue uploading a image Blobs to a MS SQL Server and can't figure out where I'm going wrong (Using Powerbuilder 2017 R3, both in Desktop App and Appeon Mobile). The Upload Blob is working and creating the database records but it l...
Hi, Is there any examples of using RESTFul APIs with Appeon Mobile. I had assumed that the samples provided for the desktop would work but they don't for me. e.g. the below works fine for me as a desktop app using PB 2017 R3 but fails silently whe...
Our migration to PB 2017 is going nicely now, and the next step is to start using SVN for Source Control. Our PB9 code was all in VSS, and we're going to start all new in SVN with PB 2017 Here is the issue... All the PBL from the "main" applicatio...
I have an mobile App that is being used by Android and IOS operating system (Samsung Galaxys 6,7,8+ and I-phone 7,8 plus). The Autosize Height is check with All Above property in the column.  It works perfect in the Android and windows but it does no...
My script below takes too much time. ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// long ll_rowdec vl_amt[] for ll_row=1 to dw_1.rowcount() //3000 records     dw_vl_amt[ll_row]=100next dw_1.object.acc_amt.primary= vl_amt  ...
Hello All, i'm trying to follow the workaround documentation about the tablebloob object in a DW following the documentation  Large Binary/Text database OLE object Description The Large Binary/Text database OLE object for DataWindo...
Is there a way to silently install the PowerBuilder Compiler? I would just need it installed in the current directory. Chris Craft...
Hello All,, PB2017 R3 Windows 10 i have a file with a Ñ on it Using importFile it converts the Ñ to 2 strange characters using File functions it also create the same problem  the only solution i found is to replace the characters after the impor...
Hi Powersphere    When i connect to SQL Server 2017 i'm not able to set the Application Name. Currently the "sp_who2" says ".Net SqlClient Data Provider"    I tried to set DBParm to  "Application Name=Client" / "App='Client'" / "ApplicationName...
Good morning GURU. I'm playing with the SLAK messaging program and I have a problem: How can I assign the following content to a string variable? curl -x proxy: 8081 -k -X POST -H "Content-type: application / json" --data "{'text': 'Hello I'm Gimmy...
Hi all,   I have a grid datawindow with header sorting functions. Users can also reposition columns themselves.   I am looking for a dynamic solution to retrieve the name of the header of the first visible column in my grid datawindow. I can't u...
In PowerBuilder 2018 will we be able to make direct calls to 3rd party .Net non-visual assemblies that are not COM callable? For example, eBay .NET SDK APIs https://developer.ebay.com/tools/netsdk Thanks.  ...
Good Morning,  I've migrated "successfully" an application from PB6 to PB2017. I've done some new windows and everything works OK with this.  The problem comes when i Execute some old windows and it crashes all the app with an Unknown object type e...

There are no discussions available here currently