Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi,   i am trying to pass a structure to a c# dll, but i cant get it to work.I can pass simple datatypes like long and string.But when i use a struct with only a string, the string gets mangled. I have a read that you have to padd structure but do...
I found that this dll is being added by the runtime packager. I cannot find any information about it in the help files. Is it needed? If yes, what is it for? Roland...
Hi guys,   using PB2017 R3.   I need to create an XML document from my app. When i do the fileopen i code the EncodingAnsi parameter , but nonetheless the file being created is unicode ( i can see this when i do a save as in notepad).   The re...
Does anyone have experience using data objects built over an Impala database?  I'm making an ODBC connection and can successfully execute Insert, Update, and Delete statements.  I built a test data object, and the retrieve/display functionality works...
I am running PowerBuilder 2017.  The database is Microsoft SQL Server.  I am doing something very simple but it is not working.    I have a column in a datawindow and the column has a drop down datawindow. I want to sort the drop down in a certain ...
When a user logs into my application, the application checks the database to see if it is the most up-to-date version.  Currently, when the app finds that it is NOT the most recent version, it gives the user a message to download the latest, and then...
Hi all. My team and me are moving the first steps in SCM usage so we're facing very basic problems. I looked into the docs and found no answer to my issue, so I'm asking here. Please forgive if the questions are silly! I am setting up our first SCM...
PB folks  - we just got the new Appeon PB up and running for a couple developers on our boxes. One thing that I noticed yesterday was that upon logging into a particular box and firing up PB, PB came up already logged in....with another developer's n...
buenas a Todos Ya en Power builder 2018R3 Existe la forma de conectareme a una base de datos en la Nube y ponerla a trabajer para varios Usuarios, osea haecer Insert, Consultas, Actualizaciones .desde cualquier parte?   Atentamente  Carlos...
Hello Everyone,               I'm working on an application using powerbuilder 2017 R3 and I need to use the timing object to run a specific process every X seconds. This application do not have a window and because of that I'm using the timing obje...
please help me   "db process is dead or not enable" this error is accure after some time when my mdi application is running in powerbuilder please help me  it is most important for me   thanks...
Hi,   After having deployed our mobile application to iPhones, I realize that the Appeon Workspace on the Apple's App Store (under Appeon's account) is not updated to the latest version (i.e. build 1858.00).   I know this Appeon Workspace under A...
al ejecutar el appeon debug tengo el siguiente error   a Alguien le a pasado ?...
 I'm using PB 2017 R2.  My Autoscript does not display anything for arguments or local structs. Am i doing something wrong? My config.  ...
Buenas tardes a todos   Estoy tratando de hacer seguimiento a una aplicación Web, por medio de Power Server , por medio de Appeon Debugger.   de donde puedo bajar el software Microsoft Script Debugger el cual me esta piediendo cuando ejecuto Appe...
Hello all... Trying different options for doing Builds and Deploys.  we have a large PB contingent here, with several apps and 4 or 5 teams.  In order to do Builds and Deploys consistently, and to allow cross -team support, we would like to install ...
Hi.   So, I have a freeform datawindow with several columns. Our customers wants us to add functionality to show/hide certain columns and save the setup. The saving part is easy, and the show/hide as well using dw_data.modify("col.visible=''). T...
Hi, A very strange thing happened today. I was working on a window using the source editor. I tried to save my changes but it would not save - no errors or anything. I closed out of the source editor without saving. Now my window is missing. I have ...
The docs indicate that if you return 2 in the RetrieveStart event of a DataWindow (or DataStore), a call to Retrieve() will append rows to the DW. In fact, what it appears to do, if there is a defined sort order on the DW, is re-sort it after the Re...
Hello all, I have an application written in PB 2017 R2 Build 1769 deployed to Powerserver web. The user is trying to print a DW : a button is calling printsetup(), user chooses 'Microsoft Print To PDF' another button is calling dw.print(). Probl...

There are no discussions available here currently