Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi, I am upgrading an application from Powerbuilder Classic 12.5 to Powerbuilder 2021 (build 1288). For me, the case statement malfunctions and returns false, when a long pointer is the "testexpession" and a constant integer is the "expressionlist"...
We have code in Power Builder. That code developed in Power Builder Version 6.5. We are trying to do simple customization like to add one textbox on one of the screen , compile and build the code. We have imported the code and identified one of...
Good day,   Need help...    How can I store and retrieve pictures in database. I'm planning to display the e-signature in my datawindow based on the user account... Is there a script for this?    Appreciate your help...   Thank you....
Hi, the image is a curstomized Usercontrol PB 19, there're 2 elements a Picture and a StaticText, i need to align the text on the bottom as now.  But as i using staticText, i need to set the height and the position of the control for that reason s...
HI,   HI,   Powerbuilder 2019 R3 :Calling my exe from Oracle Forms just hangs with PB 2019 R3 but not with PB 2017.   Can anybody help me please Regards MLB    ...
Greetings All, I have an SQL call that I would like to execute in my script.  It works fine in the SQL Manager, but PowerBuilder is not happy about it. PowerBuilder did not like the Declare statement, so I tried moving 'POINT' into the select state...
Hi Fellow Powerbuilders, I received a new work laptop, installed PB 2017 R3, copied all of my working SVN directories from the old to the new and expected to be able to connect PB to the SVN repository immediately.  Unfortunately that isn't the case...
I have a problem with the compiled version of MDI. It gets a different size (bigger) than that I have in the IDE. As for now I must guess and try. Is there something I have overlooked, or could this be a small bug in PowerBuilder?...
We currently use the MS Ole Control extensively for displaying web content and dynamically interacting with Javascript via the OLE control. I want to move to the web Browser Control , I have read Appeon documents however there doesnt seem to be infor...
We are using Appeon PB 2017 R3. We would like to connect to PostgreSQL. In our application specific ini file currently we are using DBMS O10. What is the equivalent one for PostgreSQL?...
Hi,   I've developed a snap develop dll and tested the dll within snap develop by creating console application to call the dll. This all works fine so I know I'm on the right track. I then use the dll importer tool and import in to PB 2019 R3, all ...
  Dear All,    Please help me, I am not able to connect Power Server apps with SQL server database.    info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.DataProtection.KeyManagement.XmlKeyManager[0] User profile is available. Using 'C:\Users\aneesh.s\AppData\Local\ASP...
We have a PB 2017R2 console app that generates PDF files.  The PDF Saveas failed.  I suspect it may be due to security restrictions recently implemented at our company, but is there any log that is generated or other information that would indicate t...
Hello, I am currently using the Adobe Reader ActiveX to display PDF files in my application.  I am looking to switch to the new webbrowser control.  I can display the PDF using the navigate command.  The issue I am having is how do I resize the cont...
Hi, Am running Powerserver2021, users can access only with default browser while any other browser which is not default they can access the system. Have tried to troubleshoot with failed. Please help  ...
Hello,    At the wb object, there are a few visual options, such as print, download. Does any one knows how-to download documents? I'm loading pdfs with wb_1.navigate(ls_path_doc)   I have notice that the event for download is DownloadingStart, ...
Hi  We are using PB2017R3 against Postgresql version 10 using ODBC driver.   We have a bug where an error  message of over 320 chars is being truncated to 255 characters.   Is there a limit set somewhere that can be adjusted please?   e.g. "Yo...
Hi all, If I try to modify an object (add a commandbutton to a window for example) without locking it with "SVN Get Lock", PowerBuilder saves the change into the object but shows the following message: So, I have the object modified into the PBL ...
Hi why this custom Theme not work   this code not work  "w_logon.gb_1":  not change color, but if change for "groupbox":   work fine  thanks Luis { "meta-info": { "version":"190" }, "window": { "drawing":true, "background-color":"#FFFFFF", "title...
We are converting our 2017R3 apps to 2019R3 and I copied the PBRuntime files for 2019 into the application directory. However, I get a error "There is currently no matching version; currently supported version 19.2.0.2703". Do I have the wrong PB 19 ...

There are no discussions available here currently