Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
We are starting to use themes however we run into one issue that is very annoying.  I am hoping there is an easy solution!  We have specified in our theme, radiobuttons and checkboxes and have not specified a background color.   When we display a wi...
My reports usually are datawindow that has a header with a report (Company Name and Logo).   When migrating to Snapdevelop, it doesn't retrieve the header.   It also doesn't work well if I use a datawindow parameter in a compute field.   How do...
The title of this post is wrong. It's not PrintSetup() but Print(true, true) already writing a PDF file (with 0 bytes and not valid): Hi, As you might have noticed, on https://community.appeon.com/index.php/qna/q-a/need-for-documentation-on-all-exi...
When saving a datawindow to Excel 12 from PowerBuilder 2021 program crashes. When saving a datawindow to Excel 5 from PowerBuilder 2021 data is saved. Is there a special DLL that the program "exe" needs to save to Excel 12....
Hello, PS 2021 and Oracle 12c. Web APIs -> DB configuration results in ORA-01017, as simple as "invalid username/password; connection denied". Same parameters work from PB DB profile. Technically, I have been provided with an Oracle proxy user ...
Hi Guru    I would like to modify address in sales template which stored blob type in sql server.  would you advise me how to do that   for example ; How to convert blob type to bmp and convert to bmp to blob type      william...
I am working with an application in Powerbuilder 2021. I created a composite report with 3 nested reports. Each report has the page count in their header. How can i get the page count in the trailing 2 reports be a continuation of the page count from...
Today if been trying to get the Sales Demo application to work with Postgresql 13.6. The on the Github suggested database didn't restore (reported as a bug and will be fixed). After being pointed to another working version of the database by Mark L...
I notice that i can't put a WebBrowser object inside a datawindow to show my Graphs using JS Libreries as eCharts,.... Do you know other way to add this technologies to my datawindow ?...
Dear all,   do some of you have experiences running PB 2019/2021 against Windows 11? Any big issues/findings? I know that 2021 is still not officially supported for Win 11, but I need to dind good reasons to go for it. Many thanks in advance Th...
Good afternoon, I have a RibbonBar for my App, but I want that my RibbonCategoryItems don't look like this:     The RibbonCategoryItems have enough space in the header to be showed but happens what you see in the picture and the full text in som...
Hello,Is it possible to open a PDF document in full screen mode in a powerbuilder version 2019 R3 build 2703 window?Thank you for your help...
Hai All, I have a Lab application which I created in powerbuilder - 2021. I want to send the Lab results with various method. 1. For outside clinic, they need the patient result with Lab Id number from my Database. Database working Lan network. 2....
Need suggestion on disabling add-ins in word document while using OLE.  Tried something like this just before opening the word document, iole.AddIns.Unload(False), but that did not disable it.  Thanks in advance....
Good afternoon, I'm testing the new MSOLEDBSQL driver. I have encountered the following problem: The call to the stored procedures returns the error "cannot use output option when passing a constant to a stored procedure". The strange thing is that i...
Hi, we use Powerbuilder19 and are in the process of migrating to Powerbuilder21. In our application when we minimize windows they are usually arranged in the lower left corner. Now after the upgrade to windows 11 my minimized windows look like t...
If the SQL query is having more than one table, then SyntaxFromSQL is returning the syntax with columnname only in thick client verion. But the web version returns with tablename_columnname. I want only the column names in the DW syntax. Please su...
I've deployed a PB application to PowerServer 2021.  The application uses SQL Server for the backend database and is hosted on a remote AWS web server running IIS.  The deployment process went fine and I can launch the app w/o issue using the CAL.   ...
Hello , PB 2021.1288 I have window with two dw and 4 picture buttons . What I would like to do is , that when DW is resized the picture button has to be moved at the same distance from dw as it was before it has to be always at leftdown corner of ...
Dear Team, I want to send one file along with voucher number through PB via WEB API. API giving correct result when I am sending though postman. But now I confused How I can through PB.   Restful API I am trying, I want to send PDF file Thanks...

There are no discussions available here currently