Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Is there a secret to using sheet windows that have a menu with a RibbonBar control on the frame? If I remove the menu from w_sheet then I can get the windows to show but if it has a menu then the first will show and any other window will cause the wh...
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble getting the Page() function to behave in a Richtext Datawindow in PB2019 R2 (and earlier until at least PB2017 R3). In some cases, the page() function just plain doesn't work (i.e. always returns the same value no ma...
Hi, all. Please, consider the following situation: In my Web app, I programmatically fill SQLCA from an INI file and connect to a specific database. In AEM, for the same app, SQLCA connects to a different database. How does PS resolve this incoher...
Hi, We are using PowerBuilder client to connect to Asp.net web API service. But when we export the datawindow to Json, we have issue with serializing date format. In PowerBuilder, the format is yyyy-mm-dd HH:mm:ss. But ISO format is yyyy-mm-ddTHH:mm...
Where is the best place to get an image library of all the new icons from within PowerBuilder 2019 AND from Microsoft so the images are the new flat design?  My goal would be to see a list of images so I could quickly pick the type of image I want.  ...
Hello Everyone, I am trying to use the function GetFileSaveName() to open a folder and would like to default the Excel12 extension (*.xlsx).  But I have no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks, Kevin...
Hi, Where can I get the PB12.5 Localized Runtime DLLs for Portuguese? We are slowly migrating to PB2019; But our product still using PB12.5. Anyone know where I can download the Localized Runtime DLLs for Portuguese in PB12.5. FYI - We do not hav...
Hi.   In PB2019R2:   We experience a weird situation when saving a datawindow to PDF using the Native method. The summary band autosizes, even if the checkmark is off and the height is set to 0. We have even extracted the datawindow syntax usin...
I was wondering if anyone has used PowerBuilder (Powerscript) to make calls to the R statistical package.  I have a user that would like a nice front-end GUI to sit on top of some custom R libraries they have written.  I'm not sure if/how this can be...
Hi, NativePDF: Is it possible to save two datawindows in one pdf file? It was easy to do with pdf printer, how to do it with NativePDF ? Thanks....
I like to generate a stored function in iAnywhere 17. The code, tested in Central works fine, but I want to create the function in the database if not exits during software application using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE (:ls_sql_string). But there are double ...
To call Powerbuilder Objects events I  used to call cb_new.triggerEvnet(Clicked!) although we have Post & PostEvent methods, Event Keyword too can we have discussion for best event calling Technics for calling system and user defined events. I m...
Hi,      We have migrated from 10.2 to 2019 R2 and We have added a new '.XLSX' extension in our existing SaveAs option. We are able to export the all datawindows with this extension  expect the reports that has designed using crosstab datawindow.  ...
Hello All, We are running our exes in a terminal server enviroment we have a report (a invoice) that use ArialNarrow Font. when we print it work ok. when we test in our PCs the saveasPDF works ok. In one of our Terminal Servers the save as chang...
My treeview datawindow collapses all levels when I apply a filter, is there an easy way to prevent this?  ...
Hi, There was a PB17 installed on my computer (win10home). I tried to upgrade to PB19 R2. V17 uninstalled, V19R2 (Build 2353) installed successfully. Opening workspace OK, deploying OK, but simple Run or in Debug mode doesn't work, the program just ...
  Hello All,We are moving a PB11.5 Application to PB2017 Under Appeon Universal in the mailLogon we recieved a mailReturnLoginFailure! both in Client/Server and Web App in the development Machine (With PB Installed) we found in the documentation t...
Hi PB users,   We are facing a strange behavior with deployment of our PB2019R2 application (KTP). On some laptop, in our login window, the code seems to try to close the window after open. When we activate /PBDEBUG (parameter after .exe file) th...
Our company started a major project to convert our client/server application to the web using PowerServer 2020. We confirmed the technology and presented this to our client as a viable, long-term solution. In light of Appeon's move to PowerServer 20...
I'm wondering if PowerServer will support non-visual PBNI extension objects? There are four that come with PowerBuilder: PBDOM190.pbx pbejbclient190.pbx pbsoapclient190.pbx pbwsclient190.pbx   The last three are obsolete but PBDOM is still bein...

There are no discussions available here currently