Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Have just had a proper look through the Elevate Session Catalog... WOW, WOW, WOW! Some really interesting and mouth watering stuff there.  If only I could clone myself to attend all of them!! Will Appeon be planning on recording each session to...
I'm planning to migrate to PB2017 and continue to produce a 32 bit client application. Will that application be able to make use of 64 bit ASE open client drivers or should i be looking at having 32 bit versions of open client installed.   ...
Hi all If i want to change a property for more than one field in a dw i marked all the fields i wanted and right click to open the properties window to change , but the IDE froze and there is nothing to do beside force closing by task manager. ...
I do not have any power builder knowledge. I migrated database from sybase to SQL 2012. Current users Executes  application EXE file built using PowerBuilder 5 and provides ODBC DATA SOURCE information in Data window. What steps to perform. I r...
Hi Powersphere. Just add this one again - cause i guess when people see a question has been answered - all is good.... In this case it was not a correct answer however.....   Is there a way to add COOKIES to a DATAWINDOW Based on WEB SERV...
Hi PowerSphere, I have an issue (as I guess hundreds of PowerBuilder developers has if they want to use PowerBuilder as a common web service ) If I just can get access to some kind of httpRequest object.....  Could there be a way using somet...
My boss is trying to install SySAM on his new Windows 10 VM. Are there known issues with that? Trick or tips? Hints? Clues? Treasure maps to success?   Thanks,. Olan ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This issue has been resolved...
When I save the file, the File Editor/Database ISQL Session save unicode format. How can I save the file ANSI format?   Thank you in advance, Hiroshi   ...
I'm in the process of migrating several applications from PB 10.5 to 2017. Migration is complete, and I am building test builds.  I've started getting a message during build: A Full build is required to be compatible with the source cod...
I'd like to upload some sample code somewhere. I hope it may be useful for others. Anyone have any ideas on the best place to upload code, and where to announce it? Is Appeon likely to provide such a feature one day? Thanks! ...
FYI -     I have created an article that explains how to integrate PowerBuilder with the Subversion source control product.    The file is named "SVN with PowerBuilder - Single User.pdf".    The file is 1.1 MB in size and can be downloaded...
Recently our database server was upgraded and although PowerBuilder runs fine, when I click design, data source for a datawindow I get the following error. "Table "csd_currentenrollmentcount" has no columns; possible invalid table format. Please ...
Hi to everyone. I was testing the autocompile in powerbuilder 2017. I've seen also a bug submitted by Bruce Armstrong 14 July, 2017. One thing that isn't really clear to me is if the DEBUG symbol is enabled or not. Nothing mentioned in ...
Hi, I have migrated an application from PB12.5 to PB2017. I built the 64 bit exe and during testing it is crashing with no identified pattern. We are using same development machine to test the 64 bit exe so the need of PBVM was out of question. Bu...
Hi to everyone. I have a question about the bug submission system appeon provided us. Is there any way to mark an active bug that it is affect us? I believe that a bug should be delcared only once, but anyone who is affected by that one, should al...
Hello, I have a small PB .NET application which is failing randomly with the following error logged in the Event Viewer of the Server. Can anyone help me analyze what could have caused this?  I have logs writing from the application at the very...
We have a webservice (Developed in C#) for Authorize.net. From the Powerbuilder we are generating Web Service Proxy Objects. Everything seems to have worked till now since Authorize.net was using TLS 1.0. After the authorize.net Upgraded to TLS 1.2 ,...
Greetings All, Previously posted this about a month ago. We recently upgraded to PB2017 from PB12.6.  We are having issues with pbnismtp. I created a new library and imported the pbnismtp126.pbx file and compiled a pbd.  I added the new pbd an...
As I understand it, none of the traditional PB methods of catching and handling OLEObject errors are available in Appeon Web, like try/catch blocks, the ExternalException event, and the SystemError event. I understand that Appeon Web does its own ...
  I do not remember the answer. can i use a powerbuilder mobile application without having to connect to the Powerserver mobile 2017 ? I have to create a standalone application ( for example a calculator ).   Ty for answer.   Gimmy ...

There are no discussions available here currently