Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hello All, We need to export a Dw a a Json  the issue is that the required JSON have a Booelan value. for example { "sale":true } but the DW does not have a Boolean Column  so it export like   { "sale":'true' }   any solution other than gen...
Hi all,  i was wondering if any one know if its possible to  have alternating color on a background object on the group level of an infomaker report?  I am currently using the below code for the detail section  If(mod(getrow(),2 )=1, rgb(255, 255,...
Hi, I have a problem with my software in PB 2019 when I use Multithread. It seems that the application becomes "Unstable" when I use Multithread and it crashes randomly. Regardless of whether I run in IDE or executable Apparently it is in any Threa...
PB2019R3IM V10.5Oracle 12CNative connection to Oracle~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE:  As you can probably tell, I have not created a DW from a stored procedure. However, I did find an example writtem by Terry Dykstra on using SPs for DWs. Apparently t...
I need to use RESTclient to retrieve the JSON results into my datawindow. Only problem is the results are multiple level so I don't know what columns I need. Can someone help me with the dw columns I would need for these JSON results: {"asset":[{"as...
Hello everyone,  Im using a theme on my aplication and it's working on all the devices except one that have installed Windows Server 2008 R2. Does anybody know what is happening? ApplyTheme function is returns -1 only on this device. Thanks....
Hi, I am running PB 2019 R2 2328 I have ribbon menu bar like this: <Panel Text="Modules" PictureName=""  Enabled="true" Tag="Modules" Visible="true"> <LargeButton Text="Application Setup" PictureName="ToolkitConfig!" Checked="false" Defa...
PB 2019 We have font expressions in our DW's that will change the color depending upon if the column is enabled or disabled. My current setup used 'Button Face' as the disabled color and 'Window Background' as the Enabled color. When applying a Them...
Hi People,  How can I Optimize FOR statement in PB2019?I have noticed that these loops produce a 90 second delay.   nteger row, col, colByte, col2, k, l, i long colsbyte lb_char int Rows Rows = lngHeight cols =ll_ancho_col //lngWidth -comentado ag...
I was looking for a code analysis tool that can be used with PB2017 R3?...
Hi all, I'm getting the null responses from non-development device by running executables (.exe) i.e., PB2017 R3 is not installed in this device. But I'm getting the responses from a device where PB is installed. The code is shown below: li_rc = ln...
Found there is a Windows 10 default setting that is causing all HTTPClient calls from within PowerBuilder much slower if this is enabled in network settings.   "Automatically detect settings" for Proxy setup.   It doesn't seem feasible to have all of...
Hi, We're using PB19 R2 but the issue is the same on all previous versions.   I'm trying to achieve a n-up datawindow with groups, which does not seems possible out of the box. I created a normal datawindow with groups. I modifiied my datawindow...
Dear All,   Background, Due to EOSL issue on APPEON for PowerBuilder2015, we purchased license of APPEON PowerBuilder 2019r2, in order to migrate current programs to PowerServer version with maintenance. When we prepare development environment fo...
Hi,   I have a datawindow "dw_1" for purchase enquiry report.    in dw_1 , there is a dataobject "r_enqlist" which is dynamically set.   in r_enqlist there are two dataobjects "r_enqdetails" and "r_enq_annexure"   When i retrieve dw_1 i get a...
Hi, We have purchased powerbuilder professional 2019 recently.. I don't know how to activate license. Please help me to add user and activate license. Order Summary Company: Raqmiyat LLC       Order ID: AO200...
Hi!I m trying to verify an equipment status in a emulator program using a DLL. PB -> DLL -> read the emulator equipament status Using the emulator program  works well.   In Powerbuilder 2019 R2 - BUILD 2353 - in Global External Functions: ...
He team, I would like to try PB 2019R3 Beta, but I have a question: When I install into the same server with PB2019R2, it will upgrade. So How it effect the current Power Server 2019 and and current web server ? Thank you Regards Huy Nguyen...
Hello everyone... Along with saying hello, I want to check if anyone knows the following: 1) I understand that SOAP is obsolete in power builder 2019. How should it be implemented? 2) If I migrate from power builder 9 to version 2019. Will t...
It used to be that you could put "TRACE SNC" into the DBMS field in an ini file, and that would work to start a trace going when the application was launched.  However, when I do that in PB 2019, I get "DBMS TRACE SNC is not supported in your install...

There are no discussions available here currently