Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
Hi Powerbuilder guru. I open a post in the hope that it will not go off topic. In the company we are trying to write a DLL that must be read by PB and Java. Abandoned the 'NET Assembly target' we wrote this DLL with Visual Studio c #. Assumin...
Greeting all. datawindow>column>properties>Edit>Auto Selection highlight entries and put cursor at the end of the entry when column get a focus? Is there is the way to change a color from blue to something else? Any help will be greatly appreciate...
Greetings All, I have been reading the Blogs on SCM and watched Bruce Armstrong's video with TortoiseGit. Two questions, please... 1) Is it possible to use SVN to connect directly to my repositories on Github?  For now, I will be the only person w...
I am trying to authenticate the user using the LDP, the configuration on the server (AEM) tested OK when I run the application on the mobile and enter the username and password I am getting Error code: -1 username is required. The script below on th...
Hi all, We developed a browser similar to another one present. It basically lists all the available forms based on the search provided by the user. For the first time when i am trying to enter the search values it works fine. But when i try to repea...
Hi,  We have migrated our application to Power Builder 2017 R2 recently and currently we are conducting our application unit testing in 2017 R2 and facing the below mentioned issue while opening a particular window.  Error Title : Validation Error ...
I have a lot of graphic files in my application.  From time to time I change the directory names on the app (ie, when migrating, updating or developing next ugrade/release).  Is there a way to do this without having to change the code and point to th...
My company is migrating to Oracle 12. Our Oracle integration team needs to know whether Powerbuilder 2017  supports PDB/CDB pluggable and container database. ...
Hello, I am trying to use Powerbuilder to upload files to our BOX enterprise account. I saw some examples online using chilkat ActiveX object.  Has anyone done anything similar to call REST API services to upload files to a cloud service?  Thanks ...
Hi, Environment : Appeon PowerBuilder 2017 R2 Database : SQL Server 2012 Would I be right in assuming that even with an OLE Database blob column in a datawindow that the actual writing of the blob to a varbinar(Max) column still has to be achieved...
Hi everyone Let's say I have a DW with: group1 customer_idgroup2 order_id Is there a good way to add a new group level in the middle so it looks like this: group1 customer_idgroup2 order_yeargroup3 order_id Right now my only idea is to create a ...
PBv12.1 build 7055Oracle 12CWhat in the WORLD is going on here???????Here's the code:   lds_active = CREATE n_ds   n_ds.DataObject = "d_fa_all_circuits_for_ban"    ...
Trying to convert PB to Appeon Web... does anyone know if Message.POPARR[] is unsupported?  Can't find any info on it and it's seems to not be working.   Looks like the app is using a custom message object...and POPARR[] is type PowerObject.   So...
Hi, I don't know how to access to compute field in the trailer group. The group is repeated several times and each time the computed field of the trailer must take a different value.    The next code doesn't work: string         ls_expr...
Hi all, I have a PB 2017 R2 (build 1769) application in which I create a PDF file from a datawindow using SaveAs PDF! (Native PDF).   Here is my code : The result in PB is great and the PDF file is excactly the same as the DW in preview mode. W...
We occasionally embed web browser data windows within our PowerBuilder application. One common example is to utilize Microsoft Explorer. This works well for us, but we would like to save the user's preference of type of view (icon, list, detail, etc....
Hi my question concerns Odata :  Is it possible to make a query on more than one table? If someone has an example it would be great...
Hi ,   My question concerns Odata : how to enable update properties from datawindows to update a table with this kind of connection. If someone has an example, It would be great to share it.   Thanks in advance...
Hi the question concerns Odata connections  : which versions of Odata are compatible with PB2017R2? OdataV4? OdataV3? OdataV2 (it seems to be OK))   Thanks in advance for response...
Has anyone else seen an issue with events not triggering in the same order between versions?  I am specifically seeing an issue when our application is launching - a tab control has different behavior in order of when selectionchanging and selectionc...

There are no discussions available here currently