1. Paul Murray
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 23 July 2018 10:26 AM UTC

Greetings All,

I have been reading the Blogs on SCM and watched Bruce Armstrong's video with TortoiseGit.

Two questions, please...

1) Is it possible to use SVN to connect directly to my repositories on Github?  For now, I will be the only person working on the projects and would prefer to have a simpler process.  If so, can someone outline the way this is done or possibly point me to an article that focuses on this type of setup?

2) In Bruce Armstrong's video, he states that the name of the PowerBuilder workspace must match that of the Github repository.  That is a problem for me because all of my workspace names have spaces and Github automatically creates the repository with dashes where my spaces would be.  Can I rename the workspace without causing a problem in the project?

Thank you!!

Paul

Bruce Armstrong Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 23 July 2018 16:58 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

>>1) Is it possible to use SVN to connect directly to my repositories on Github?  For now, I will be the only
>>person working on the projects and would prefer to have a simpler process.  If so, can someone outline
>>the way this is done or possibly point me to an article that focuses on this type of setup?

I don't understand the question.  SVN and Git are two different version control systems.

>>2) In Bruce Armstrong's video, he states that the name of the PowerBuilder workspace must match that of
>>the Github repository.  That is a problem for me because all of my workspace names have spaces and
>>Github automatically creates the repository with dashes where my spaces would be.  Can I rename the
>>workspace without causing a problem in the project?

That is fixed in R3.  In that release the repository URL is just a single line edit field.  You can put in whatever your repository URL is.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Kevin Ridley Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 23 July 2018 12:49 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 2

Not sure on #1 but I will answer #2.  YES you can either rename the workspace, or create a new workspace and add your target(s).  As always, make a backup folder in case you ever need to go back.  You will have to close PB to rename it, but it's not a problem.

Comment
  1. Paul Murray
  2. Monday, 23 July 2018 18:18 PM UTC
Thank you, Kevin!!
  1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.