Featured Questions

A recent post included some PowerScript code, and I thought I would pass along a tip for pasting code snippets that produces a slightly more readable result than simply pasting code into the website's text editor. The toolbar contains a button to as...
Saw this and thought it was perfect. Note the angry mob in the background on panel 4.   :) ...
 In the DW Painter, set the data window property is reverting back to XML every time I set it as NativePDF! I did several times but when I opens the datawindow is backl to XML again. ...
PB already has regular expression Find capabilities when you are within a script for an object in an editor, or in Edit Source. Why can't that be extended to the Search feature on the System Tree? Surely since the basic code is already there for ...
Hi,  There is some solution for  Object pfc_n_cst_security.of_setcurity(graphicobject) / support@appeon send : For the classdefinition in pfc_n_cst_security.of_setsecurity(graphicobject), Please try the steps below:  1 Set the values of a...
Hello, I tried to migrate our project from PowerBuilder 12.6 to 2017. There are two workspaces; each workspace has a target and a library:   Workspace_A has Target_A which has A.pbl and   Workspace_B has Target_B which has B.pbl and A.pbd. I m...
I know that ghostscript is not needed anymore in PB2017. Can you please suggest how do I configure the datawindow to be printed without Ghostscript? ...
Can a .Net Assembly created with Powerbuilder be called by a Powerbuilder Mobile application.  If so can someone provide an example of 1) an assembly's namespace, file name, object name, class name and method name; 2) where the assembly files are...
Does Appeon have any plans to upgrade, implement, install, or otherwise deal with Source Control capabilities and/or options with regards to PB2017?   Thank You, Olan ...
Hello everybody, We are having an issue with our GUI application which is build in the Powerbuilder. We are trying to automate the testing of the application via using HP UFT automation tool. The problem is that the GUI window is correctly reco...
Hello, I am looking for a list of files that needs to deliver with a pb2017 winform application. When I copy the files of the maps     C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\PowerBuilder 17.0\DotNET\bin     C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Shared\PowerBui...
Hi, I modified the datawindow export format to 'PDF' and Method to 'NatvePDF' , saved it and then closed the datawindow. When I opened it I found that it reverts back to XML. Please suggest. ...
Hi all, We have a master table with detail records. Each detail record has another level of detailed records. Our current print function is a retrieve of a composite datawindow. Printing is done for each master table record , but also reprintin...
Hi,   After migrating from 12.5 to PB2017 when I deploy the project should I select 32 bit or 64 bit in the platform field? Please suggest. ...
Hi I want to use a DLL, in which Functions require as parameter and yield pointers to a certain structure.   Let's say I have a library header:   struct StructType { int a; void* p; }; extern _declspec(dllimport) Str...
When appeon will support deployment of powebuilder 2017 applications ...
I am new to PowerBuilder and I'm currently taking the Appeon-U Fundamental Course with PowerBuilder 2017. I am connected to the PB Demo DB V2017 database that comes with the installation. I am able to connect successfully and view as well as modi...
Hi, I posted this on the SAP forums, but this looks like the place to be. We're in the process of refactoring a large PowerBuilder application with the goal of keeping our business logic in PB and exposing it as an API for .NET developers b...
Hello all, in the Rich Text Edit Control TX Text Control shipped with PB 12.6 it was possible to set the font before doing a ReplaceText with the undocumented function: long ColorLogFont105 ( long hWnd, ulong Msg, ulong wParam, ref s_logfont cl...
Seeing different results on datetimes returned by reference from ASE 16 Stored procedures.  When the time stamp is 00:00:00, the procedures returns 12 AM (00:00:00) from PB, but 12 PM (12:00:00) from Appeon.  This can cause issues when dates are c...
I'm not finding an entry for MySQL in the ODB170.INI file, so retrieval of identity keys isn't working. I found the following on the web somewhere: [MySQL] PBSyntax='MySQL_SYNTAX' PBNoCatalog='YES' PBTableOwner='NO&#...
I was using Sybase Datawindow Designer 1.5 and now i am trying to use Powerbuilder 17 (Sybase Datawindow) components into my C# Code. Is there any help in how we can use new Sybase.Datawindow components to C#.NET regarding the transaction connecti...

There are no discussions available here currently