1. Olan Knight
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. Monday, 21 August 2017 22:12 PM UTC

Does Appeon have any plans to upgrade, implement, install, or otherwise deal with Source Control capabilities and/or options with regards to PB2017?

Thank You,

Olan

Armeen Mazda @Appeon Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
  1. Monday, 21 August 2017 22:43 PM UTC
  2. PowerBuilder
  3. # 1

We do have plans to enhance this in the next new version (not maintenance release) of PowerBuilder, but I'd be curious to hear what other people's plans are.

Did you get a chance to read Bruce's article? https://community.appeon.com/index.php/articles-blogs/tutorials-articles/2-powerbuilder/175-continuous-integration-with-powerbuilder-2017-bonobo-git-and-jenkins

Comment
  1. Olan Knight
  2. Thursday, 24 August 2017 14:52 PM UTC
Gary, I am having difficulty setting up Subversion for use with PB.

Would it be OK to pick your brains offline? If so, please send me an email at "olan.knight@csgi.com" and I'll  get with you tomorow.

Thanks,

Olan

1. Helpful
  1. Jussi Jumppanen
  2. Monday, 11 September 2017 09:59 AM UTC
FWIW I ran a test using PB2017 with AgentSVN and as far as I can tell it works as well as PB12.6, if not better.

The details of that test can be found here: http://www.zeusedit.com/agent/ide/pb/pb-2017.html 

IMPORTANT NOTE: I'm the author of AgentSVN and I don't claim the level of testing done was extensive. I only ran the test after several users enquired if AgentSVN was still going to support PB2017.

1. Helpful
  1. John Niespodzianski
  2. Monday, 23 October 2017 01:50 AM UTC
So far I have used both Git and PowerVCS successfully with PB 2017.  

If developing solely on a PowerBuilder platform, the cloud-based PowerVCS is great.  We all know E. Crane from PowerGen and other tools; so it's a very PB-centric source solution that integrates well with the IDE.

Getting Git to work is a little more cumbersome - and you need to use an external Git client (Visual Studio serves these purposes well enough, or if you prefer the command line Tortoise Git is really good).  But if your application is enterprise-level & you're using something like VSTS for all of your repositories, it's worth the effort to get the PB source into the same system.  

1. Helpful
There are no comments made yet.
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this question yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this question.